1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

diesel fuel filter relocation

Discussion in 'General' started by tophyr, Jul 6, 2023.

1. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

i want to relocate the fuel filter on my rv's generator, and change it to be a screw-on truck-style one instead of a two-hose-attached-weird-box-thing. i have a clear view of the fuel lines involved and i've got enough space to put it where i want; it should be as simple as building longer hoses to go from where the filter currently lives, to where i want to put it, and then putting a screw-on mount at the new location.

where do i get the parts to do that? do auto stores have stuff to make hoses like that? will they carry the filter mount?

2. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Napa carries all that stuff. I was surprised that they had nearly all parts for the semi when we went from the diesel pusher to it. Fuel filters, water separators, 24v stuff, replacement LED lights, everything it seems for RVs and semis and tractors too :)

tophyr likes this.
  3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

A good Napa or Amazon.

tophyr likes this.
  4. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

awesome, kk

5. Zoomie

Zoomie Well-Known Member

Williams Filter Service in Tacoma on Puyallup Ave can custom make hoses.
    I’ve used them for brake lines, fuel, hydraulic, etc
    And they’ll do it while you wait.
    There might be someplace closer to you, but I’ve used these guys for decades.
    Nothing beats talking with the guy about your project and having him help you figure out how best to accomplish it.

6. Zoomie

Zoomie Well-Known Member

And I’m pretty sure they have all types of filter mounting and relocation parts.
    There might be a kit for what you’re wanting to do.