1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Steve Broadstreet

Discussion in 'General' started by GixxerBlade, Jun 29, 2023.

1. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

A great friend to many, veteran, racer, and all around good dude. He will be missed. RIP Triple X

MELK-MAN likes this.
  2. adio1dog

adio1dog Well-Known Member

A great guy, and asset to the racing community. He helped me out a bunch in the day. RIP Racer. condolences to his family.

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

RIP...Racer.

4. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

A great rider and a great teacher. He was a great help to me learning to ride on the track. May he Rest in Peace.

5. r8ed600rr

r8ed600rr Well-Known Member

Steve was a great friend and will be missed. Good ones gone too soon. RIP XXX

6. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

We will greatly miss him in the MARRC family. He and his wife have been great assets to the organization on the corners, instructing and on committees. I'd always look forward to seeing him at the track, he always had a funny story or some bench racing to share.

In 2002 I got out the Marine Corps for the first time, came back home to NOVA and got involved on sportbikes.net. It looked like that site was going to shut down so a local guy started DCSportbikes.net. Steve and I were among the first ten to join the site. His username was SteveZX9. He had one like this.
    [​IMG]

Someone set up a meet in Prince William Co to do some wheelies on the closed roads in a neighborhood under-construction and that's where we first met. Steve was all about doing wheelies. I think I recorded him on my 8mm video camera and from that video he used a screenshot as his avatar.

At the time we were the only racers on the site and most experienced riders in general even though I was 15 years younger. I think it was our input on the forum that led to a lot of members getting on track and eventually racing for a little while. The site is no more and I don't see most of them anymore, but Steve has almost always been at the track continually all this time.

And since he was a jet mech and I'm an aviation enthusiast, that was something else to chat about. I'm thinking we may have even met up at an airshow in Frederick MD in 2003. I know for sure I was there, I have some video.
    :(

https://www.roadracingworld.com/news/racer-instructor-u-s-army-veteran-steve-broadstreet-r-i-p/

G2G, GixxerBlade, Razr and 2 others like this.
  7. Mike Dillon

Mike Dillon Well-Known Member

My heart is broken. Rest in peace, my friend. All horn monos will forever be with you in mind.

8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

RIP Sir, thank you for your service.

9. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

Couldn't say it better Mike. The best of the best, and I'm sad that I didn't find time to see him more recently.

GixxerBlade likes this.