1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electric mower

Discussion in 'General' started by Jon Wilkens, Jun 25, 2023.

1. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

If this was in the home...maybe. But it's not. Please try to keep up. And step away from the bong.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  2. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I applaud your attempts to keep folks on-topic and have them actually read what you wrote.

However, around here its a Quixotian quest. I'm glad you got the info you needed.

stk0308 and Jon Wilkens like this.
  3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Fuck windmills, too. :Poke: :Poke:

:D

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Unless you use them to charge your lithium batteries. o_O

5. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Its like herding cats for sure. lol 10% great info...90%BS around here is the norm. haha

6. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I have one of the ryobis also and it cuts thick ass st Augustine grass just fine. One day the wife said the only reason she didn't mow the law on these because she couldn't start the mower. Well I fixed that little problem. I haven't mowed the lawn since

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  7. notbostrom

PS electric lawnmowers just plain work, quiet reliable and no gas cans. I'm no tree hugger but this is one place electric makes more sense

8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Fuck

That

I’m putting a mower deck on the purple truck, diesel power FTW, bitches! :D

cav115 likes this.
  9. auminer

Come on over and get started... :Poke:

[​IMG]

That’s just the back three. There’s 2 more on the front side of the house that I keep a little neater.

10. notbostrom

I said lawnmower not tractor. Tractors should be gas or diesel

auminer likes this.
  11. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

TSC_113 likes this.
  12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

We just went to the Lamborghini factory/museum in Italy and they had one of those mowing the front of the huge factory. I figured it was something they made themselves, it looked just like the $32k version.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  13. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

I've had a robot mower since 2019 for my 1/2 acre. I love not having to cut the grass.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  14. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

It looks like these robotic mowers run on a wire that defines their space. How do they handle crossing a public sidewalk? I can't string a wire over or under the public sidewalk in order for it to mow the 2.5-foot-wide strip of grass between the sidewalk and the street. Needing to do that manually sort of defeats the purpose of a robotic mower.

15. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Personally I'd let the back 3 go "nature preserve", but this will do the job for $6K- https://egopowerplus.com/52inch-zero-turn-riding-mower-zt5200l/
    Looks pretty flat, so you just might mow all 5 on a charge. Worst case take a 30 minute break while you top it off.

16. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

I maintain electric is great for almost every appliance that doesn't need to create heat. I bought a corded electric mower 9 years ago when they were just becoming a thing, and it's been perfect. I see no reason to deal with a loud, vibey, gas leaking on my garage floor cause the float valve stuck open-y mower again.

I can only imagine the new battery ones are even better not having to worry about a cord.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  17. auminer

Nah, I already have a lawn tractor.

To tell you the truth, mowing the big square with no obstructions is kinda zen.

Go straight... Turn left... Go straight... Turn left... Go straight... Watch the dragonflies and birds chase the little bugs I stir up... Turn left... Sip of Keystone Light... Go straight... Turn left...

Jed, Gixxerguy855 and cav115 like this.
  18. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I get it, just pointing out that the tech does exist and isn't *that* obscenely expensive.

19. brex

brex Well-Known Member

So no Bud Light then, eh?

20. auminer

Nope. Used to be Busch Light, but the parent company can't keep its opinions to itself. If/when Coors gets idiotic I'll make a decision on them, too.

Whether I agree with the viewpoint or not, I have zero patience for corporate activism.

Jon Wilkens likes this.