1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ok, so i dunno. running. as in with your legs.

Discussion in 'General' started by joec, Jun 15, 2023.

1. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

I used to enjoy running at the beach until I found trail running. Then I really fell in love with it and ended up training and doing ultramarathons. Trail-running is a lot like racing motorcycles. Once you’re out there, you are all on your own. Every step is calculated, you’re brain is working but but it enjoyable because you’re in nature and in order to go faster you need to slow down.

what I mean by the calculated part is at first it will be stressful looking where every step is going to land. Before long you’ll realize it’s like learning a new song and reading sheet music. You begin looking 10ft plus ahead so you can spot your placement and your feet and body will pick it up. Like like turning a light off while looking at an object in a room then walking over and picking it up without seeing it.

I would find a good pair of shoes that fit your foot. I can’t wear a lot of brands because my feet are very narrow. So I know what shoe works and I get 2 new pairs every 6 mos when the new model comes out and the old ones go on sale.

get a heart rate monitor and go slow. On trails I rarely have music in because I love the sounds around me and want to hear mountain bikes coming behind me so I can move over.

I highly recommend trail over road.

Yzasserina likes this.
  2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

All of this, plus the "corrections". :D

zamboiv likes this.