1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jan 18th sign up-2023 Loudon classic $250k payout

Discussion in 'General' started by tech1234, Jan 13, 2023.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm going to Nelson.

2. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

I'll be there as well. Not racing for this event. Just coming up on Saturday to visit, lend a hand, and give moral support. If I'm not out in one of the choice spectating locations, I'll be in and around my garage (Center 5), or down in the Seacoast garage, for most of the day. Meteorological reports suggest there may be used parts for sale in T2, T4 and T12. :D

DBConz likes this.
  3. tech1234

tech1234 Well-Known Member

I'll be there! possibly as a back marker for the 400 race. we'll see

4. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

I'll be cruising the paddock pretty much all weekend.

Definitely looking forward to seeing what shakes out of this year's Classic!

DBConz likes this.
  5. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

I'll be there as data tech for Brandon Paasch stop by the Rodio Racing pit to get a free stick of Beechnut. And hopefully a slice of Podium Pie.

6. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

PM'd you a question. :beer:

7. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Anyone streaming this?

backbone likes this.
  8. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

For those attending (in whatever capacity), any updates you could share with us during the two days of the event would be much appreciated. :flag:

9. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

What he said

Once a Wanker.. and Quicktoy like this.
  10. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

stacked field for sure! live timing?

11. dj1991

dj1991 Member

Just got home from the 2 day Penguin road race school at Loudon. The M4 Suzuki truck showed up solo around mid day yesterday. The rest of the crew and riders showed up today and about mid afternoon were all on track. Stefano Mesa, PJ Jacobsen, And Tyler Scott had helped out coaching, Which was cool and all offered different perspectives. This afternoon watching practice was a blast. Everyone was flying. The local experts, Eric Wood, Shane Narbonne, Eli Block, Ben Gloddy, Teagg Hobbs and others, Were all ripping and it was hard to tell who was fastest overall with all of the pitting in pitting out etc. Escalante and Scott were absolutely flying and I can only guess laptimes were in the 11-12 range, Probably 10's. ( fast ). Brandon Paasch borrowed a locals 675 with no setting changes that I was aware of and brought the bike back 14's all over the transponder. He was unfazed and it was insane to see how easy it all was for him. Josh Hayes was hanging out, And I believe one more truck was on route to the track later today. Sick event and I wish the weather would hold off for Saturday it could be a great race.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2023
  12. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

Thanks for the update! Forecast looks pretty damp for Saturday :(

Once a Wanker.. and dj1991 like this.
  13. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Loudon was the first track I ever rode rains on, and the first time I ever put a bike on the podium.

And the only time my family ever got to see me turn wheels in anger. Fond memories of the place.

Once a Wanker.. and 27 like this.
  14. Quicktoy

My first rain race and second race ever was Daytona Bike Week 03. I started on the 10th or 11th row and somehow got a top 5 with a plaque. I’ll never forget that race.

Once a Wanker.., 27 and pickled egg like this.
  15. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

heard it was going to be streamed on MAVTV. unable to confirm

16. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

Pro qualifying tomorrow afternoon!

I'm hearing a couple of our "visitors" have quite possibly been knocking down 10's and 11's and I know of at least two locals on the hunt for 9's.

And yeah, it seems the weather on Saturday will be a factor.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2023
  17. Quicktoy

Hmmmm I don’t see anything there.

18. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

Are you sure about that Butcher? The schedule posted up on NEMRR site suggest NEMRR practice and regular races today, with pro qualifying tomorrow morning:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

https://www.facebook.com/NEMRRadmin/photos/pcb.6238308539557947/6238308462891288

Once a Wanker.. and bergs like this.
  19. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

Gecko likes this.
  20. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

"Wreckers to Checkers" is supposed to be in my garage (but haven't gotten confirmation yet if they are there).

J. Hayes is pitting in my buddy's garage. Can confirm he was just hanging out yesterday b/c no bike. Supposedly, his bike is crated and coming by train. My buddy was supposed to go down to wherever and have them load the crate into his truck ... but it hadn't arrived as of 8:30pm last night when I talked him.

I haven't heard anything about the event being streamed anywhere, let alone on MAVTV. A few of the NEMRR guys were talking about live streaming some stuff from their phones, but that's about it. If I hear anything more, I'll be sure to post up (as I'm sure others will too).

Certainly doesn't look like the weather is going to hold off ... but anyone who's raced Loudon more than a few times knows about the Loudon specific weather vortex. It'll be raining everywhere else, but sunny at the track ... or sunny everywhere else and pouring ran just over the track ... or pouring rain in T2 and sun in every other corner ... or vice-versa. Its enough to drive you mad sometimes. Needless to say, I was a very happy camper when Pirelli came out with their intermediates.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2023
    Once a Wanker.. and 27 like this.