1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB: First Gen 2001-2002 GSXR 1000 Froks

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by Goat, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Goat

Goat Apex Assassins Ops

Long story short, my Moto Van was broken into last week on Friday and a fork leg I had on the bench seat was stolen along with a handful of other stuff that doesn't matter nearly as much.

We are prepping for the AHRMA round at Laguna and my shop had just refreshed the front and rear suspension. I was bringing back the left side fork for additional work the morning the Van was broken into.

It's a Superbike front end with Yosh Triples. Not looking to replicate the Ohlins kit (unless someone has a set), just need a proper set of forks, stock or built, to get me back on track.

Thanks all very much for your help.

Pics for reference.
    GSXR 1.jpg

GSXR 2.jpg

GSXR 3.jpg

2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

FYI - Pretty sure the 750 forks 00-03 would fit also.

3. Goat

Goat Apex Assassins Ops

I believe they will.

I’m looking to keep it model correct.

However, if someone has a built pair of 750 forks for the right price with the right kit, I would absolutely consider it.

4. jdwilliamson33

jdwilliamson33 Well-Known Member

I have one fork from a 2002 gsxr 1000.
    Let me check if it is a left or right

Goat likes this.
  5. lateapexer

lateapexer Local slow poke

Ask Ohlins USA in Hendersonville NC if they might have a lower laying around?

Goat likes this.
  6. Goat

Goat Apex Assassins Ops

The silence is overwhelming!

I thought there would at least be some more discussion...off to ebay then!

Thanks Friends, its race season and a lot going on. I appreciate the leads and those who reached out.

Cheers!

7. Mike McFarland

Mike McFarland Well-Known Member

Did you find the forks ?

8. Goat

Goat Apex Assassins Ops

I found a set of stockers on eBay with lower triples for a decent enough price. It's not optimal, but it is what it is. I've got 3 weeks to build this front end.

I'm ordering some GP Suspension carts today, Brembo caliper adapters are on their way, and we are installing the stock set-up this weekend.