1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should M4 do?

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Jun 5, 2023.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Robbie Jensen.

Spooner, 418, R1Racer99 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

Toni Elias Calls It A Career

Britt likes this.
  3. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

The more I think about it, Cody Wyman would be my bet. He handled the STK1000 well at RA, he has maturity, he is available and I think he interviews well. I don't think of any available options that would do any better in the results than he will.

4. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Maybe Elias just missed it and thought he still had some drive in the tank.

Tom Brady kinda did the same thing last year after his 40 day retirement.

Both comebacks were probably not the greatest idea in the history of ideas and decisions.

When it's time....it's time. But, in both cases these men know they made the right decision to hang it up.
    No regrets now, and their lives can move on with nothing left to prove.

5. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I don't think there's enough talent available to get that M4 bike up front. It needs to be a younger (cheap) rider who will find success simply by exceeding expectations.

6. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

Whoever pays or brings Sponsor $$ gets to ride the bike. As it should be. Until these teams get outside industry sponsors, and dump trucks with $$..

But if we are playing pretend and just picking guys. I say Cody Wyman. Huge upside with him. Talented, young, hungry, personable.

Gino230 and 5axis like this.
  7. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

So your ok with a "Professional" level road racer not getting paid for his services? Bringing sponsorship is one thing, but outright paying for a seat? Might as well sell the seat to 'He who shall not be named' to roll around in the mid, to rear, field.

03RumbleBee likes this.
  8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

You realize that's how the majority of the field operates right?

evakat and 5axis like this.
  9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Heh. Math. :D

YamahaRick likes this.
  10. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

he was recently on TrackDaz and said he hasnt been contacted about the ride.

11. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

Buddy, besides baggers how many dudes you think getting paid to ride? You can count them on one hand.... Is what it is. I DON'T WANT THAT FOR THEM. Wish they all got paid. Its supposed to be pro, as in "profession"

"a paid occupation, especially one that involves prolonged training and a formal qualification"

But it aint.

Sucks, so whoever gets a sponsor to pay a team to ride gonna ride. Or they come out of pocket. Just like us club bums.

The teams discretion on whom they choose tho. Obviously if a really good rider has x dollars, and some turd like myself has even double, they 100% take the good rider.

418 likes this.
  12. 418

418 Expert #59

Have you been living under a rock?

Welcome to nearly all motorsports in 2023.

Britt and Cajun Kid like this.
  13. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

Just two years ago everyone would be screaming to get Kyle Wyman a Superbike ride where he wasn't running the team also.

14. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I like the Cody Wyman idea.

I like the Rocco Sanders idea better. Let the young fella ride and and get used to the bike. I think he'll do well and learn quickly. He's wrapped his head around every other bike he's ridden.

15. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

And it's not right. Just because it's standard business practice doesn't make it right. It makes it a survival standard for the series, and participants, as it is. I say this knowing fully well they need more sponsorships in the series, and teams, in general to change that norm.

27 likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just because a racer pays for a rider doesn't mean it's not sponsor money. No difference in the end result if it's personal or team sponsors paying the bills.

17. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

But now you're changing the topic, I never said it was right I said that's how it is.

18. 27

27 Well-Known Member

It’s not right at all... talented racers should be able to make a living racing motorcycles. I could go on and on but the sugar daddy racing business model starts at the top and they’ve pissed off lots of companies with their tactics.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And a bunch of them in US absolutely do make a living racing bikes - even without a direct paycheck from one team.

20. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Ha. Are you're saying I was a Professional rider? I did not know that. Glad I got that going for me.
    Where's the classifieds? :D

"Poor, disheveled, unfocused rider needs money, polished livery and a reason to commit.
    No lower tier machinery - if you can't afford tier 1 equipment, you can't afford me.
    I shall relinquish my right of first refusal should your pending decision(s) include the name(s) of Rocco L. and/or Cody W.
    No texts."

That outta do it. :crackup:

KneeDragger_c69 and YamahaRick like this.