1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'22/23 NHL Hockey

Discussion in 'General' started by rd400racer, Oct 11, 2022.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

And all I saw was a completely stupid play by the former Norris Trophy winner.

2. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I forgot about that. That was a great play, dude turned a normal poke check into a game changing goal. Good shit.

3. R1Racer99

Fucking great games tonight, about to go to OT with recently-concussed Pavelski scoring all 4 goals for Dallas, nice job old man.

4. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

And the Panthers and Seattle Hypodermics are both up to start. It truly is bizarro world...

5. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Hell of a game 7! On to Vegas! Pops lives in Vegas and we've got a (very) minor bet going just for fun. Wish I could afford to take us to a game :mad:

R1Racer99 likes this.
  6. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

The last 4 standing is not what the TV execs were really hoping for. I’ll watch because I love hockey but imagine viewership drops off a cliff.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  7. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

You think they would've changed the expansion draft rules if they didn't think new teams shouldn't of been in the playoffs regularly right out of the gate.

I think it's by design, personally. It's cheaper to get old folks watching again than it is to acquire new eyeballs.

8. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

They’re praying the knights get to the cup, it goes 7 and they win. I agree they want the expansion teams to be competitive.

Carolina and florida - not exactly what they were hoping for. Dallas/Vegas should be a decent series.

9. R1Racer99

When I was a young North Stars fan 30 years ago not one of these cities had a hockey team. I guess cool for those fans but as an old school hockey fan it’s kind of lame.

Dallas looks really good though, if that goalie can keep it going I’m taking them.

MachineR1 and code3ryder like this.
  10. rd400racer

Yeah, I'm an Original 6 guy and my interest is pretty low. I like the Panthers simply for the underdog factor (and how much I hate the Canes), and I liked the Oilers because of their stars. I'd jump on the Knights bandwagon but that cheap hack from Pietrangelo made me loose a ton of respect for him.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Man, Florida can not seem to get it together. Vegas is just clobberin’ them.

12. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Vegas is hungry and returning to Florida for 2 games better shake up the Panthers.

13. rd400racer

It's amazing how one save can change the flow of a series. That paddle save by Hill Saturday night killed the Panthers momentum at the time and totally turned it back to Vegas. The Knights haven't let off the gas since. Reminded me of the paddle save that Holtby made in 2018 against the Knights that kept the Caps in that game.

R1Racer99 and Sabre699 like this.
  14. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

I imagine that Holtby is still not at all popular in So. Fl.

rd400racer likes this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Wild game tonight! :up:

in AHL: Ass! Freakin Bears just seem to be clowns jumping out of a flaming clown car. :mad:

16. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

As much as I would like to see it, I don’t see Florida digging out of this hole.

Was going to shoot over to catch a playoff game in Hershey. After watching the first 2 games, I think I’ll pass.

17. worthless

Changed my mind. Bears had it in the bag with a 2 goal lead and then took a late penalty to give up 1 and then gave up another when CV pulled the goalie. Waiting for OT to start. If they can stay out the box, they’ve got a chance.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The bears fucked it up. :mad:

19. worthless

Pulled out the win in OT!!!!

20. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Lol