1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2024 Kawasaki ZX6R being announced on 6/6/23

Discussion in 'General' started by Trainwreck, May 24, 2023.

1. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Emissions will continue to neuter bikes in stock trim. But uncorked bikes still seem to be making more power.

2. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

3. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

4. William Schneider

William Schneider Well-Known Member

Electronic Rider Aids:
    Kawasaki TRaction Control (KTRC), Power Modes (Full/Low), Kawasaki Intelligent anti-lock Brake System (KIBS), Kawasaki Quick Shifter (KQS) (upshift only)

A little disappointing to not have the auto-blipper

StaccatoFan and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  5. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or those that snorkel look familiar ???
    db143623-a1c9-46b1-9c00-621b31699115.png

Hummm...
    led-type-4-meter-kit-for-kawasaki-zx6r-mod-2003-2004_39455.jpg

Not really impressed with KRT.
    Bike looks real good but no more then that for the upgrades that aren't present.

418 and jd41 like this.
  6. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

I'm not dying to have one, but I am glad it's here. Such a shame that the 600 market is what it is today. Id love a thoroughly modern 600 with all the development that goes into the big bikes.

I also find it so weird that there's a 600cc supersport being released and no where on the release does it mention horsepower lol. My how times have changed. They made sure to have a big headline about 'bluetooth connectivity and TFT displays' though.

418, jd41 and R1Racer99 like this.
  7. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I LOL'd at this. I ride a twins bike- my R6 is my "fast" bike. Them 1000's are just scary! But hey- at least I get to use full throttle alot!

Steeltoe and Trainwreck like this.
  8. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

I told you that in the 1st or 2nd reply.

rafa likes this.
  9. Daniel06

Daniel06 Well-Known Member

It's been a while (actually never have I) since I bought a new bike, but I thought auto blip up and down was pretty standard these days. Am I mistaken? Quick shifter up only? Seems underwhelming.

10. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

Looks like they didn't want to invest in the switch to ride-by-wire to get a blipper on there. Yawn...

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  11. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

How much investing could there be? been on the 10 for 7 years!

KneeDragger_c69 and Bruce like this.
  12. Sudowoodo

Sudowoodo Error 404: Skill not found

Yamaha discontinued the R6 and Kawasaki just stopped caring about further developing the ZX6R. Yay BNG and TFT..

13. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

The ZX6 doesnt have ride by wire, makes autblips very difficult. It is one of the changes I was expecting to see, but nope.

Bruce likes this.
  14. Trainwreck

no ride by wire...

Guess I'll keep riding the space ship bike.

Bruce likes this.
  15. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

In a segment where nearly all of the manufacturers have discontinued their offerings, the fact that Kawi is selling enough ZX6s to warrant an update to meet Euro 5 regulations and keep the model going is significant. The R+D costs just to meet the stricter regulations isn't cheap, but the new ZX6 has a base MSRP $400 cheaper than the only other offering in this category.

I know some racers would be happy to spend an extra $2-3K more for ETV and auto-blip, but the majority of people buying this bike are driven more by cost than tech. But even without ETV and auto-blip the ZX6 has the most tech in this segment. The only other bike in this category lacks TC, smart phone connectivity and a TFT dash...and costs more.

16. Trainwreck

FWIW if I was still riding bikes on the street, I would definitely have one of these.... I think they look awesome and IMO the middleweight bikes are the best for the street especially when you're my size and fit them pretty comfortably.

However, I feel safer riding 165-170mph down Grattan's straight, than I do riding 35mph down town Kalamazoo. So I don't ride on the streets at all anymore. lol

17. SeventeenRR

SeventeenRR Well-Known Member

Even the 10 isn’t significant different from 2011…

I hate to say it but I suspect it’s BNG until kawis whole line is EV/hybrid. The 10 engine architecture is going on year 13, and the 6 is on year 10. Even the 10RR is only getting variable stacks, that don’t even work without the kit ECU. Makes the 4RR almost seem more appealing given its ride by wire and all.

18. 418

418 Expert #59

I find the bitching about the new bikes interesting. These bikes could have all the bells and whistles and be the cost of a Panigale and disappear up their own asshole when no one buys them, or we could at least be happy about the fact that there are still manufacturers out there that want to build sport bikes at reasonable'ish prices.

The reality is sport bike development has been stagnant for better part of a decade, there's only so much ground breaking shit you can invent.

jd41 likes this.
  19. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

Funny you mention using full throttle a lot. I just watched a video from Cycle Jam of the SBK race and was amazed watching the telemetry just how little time is spent WOT.

Gino230 likes this.
  20. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

And

NEW Updated 636cc in-line four-cylinder DOHC engine
    NEW Dual 310mm front discs with dual radial-mounted 4-piston monobloc calipers
    NEW Cam profiles
    NEW Intake funnels
    NEW Head and collector pipe layout
    Granted not much but it is more than BNG