1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road America / Moto America 2023

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, May 31, 2023.

1. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

In the MA video I just watched, it sounds like Chris U. knew after Barber, but asked him to stay through this weekend at R.A. I feel Chris was hoping for some time with this all quiet, so he could finalize a deal with someone, and announce it in a press release shortly. No one likes getting caught with their pants down, but Toni just couldn't 'tow the the company line,' when asked point blank what he wanted to work on for the next race. It takes time to work out revised deals with riders mid-season, when other programs are already in place.
    We all know this, here.

2. matt2491

matt2491 Well-Known Member

I think Josh has been doubting Josh.

nlzmo400r, bleacht, 27 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

JH with the win!

4. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Didn't I read somewhere that m4 offered Rocco a ride in SS and it was turned down?

ToofPic likes this.
  5. 418

418 Expert #59

No clue but CU said they were really close to putting pen to paper with a up and coming young rider for 2023 in SBK and then Suzuki stepped in and pushed Elias their way.

I think many, myself included, thought that young rider was Rocco.

6. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Wyman deserves a ride, but if you’re in his shoes would you want to ride a Suzuki? I really hope he gets a shot at a top ride though, who else is a better choice? Unfortunately anyone riding that bike is going to be to be hoping for a top 5 at best.

rapidzrx and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  7. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

Well, I won't miss that goofy shaved eyebrow that's for sure

Sucks how Elias chose to end it but best of luck to him just the same.

Should I send my congratulations to Rocco now or wait?

Namarow likes this.
  8. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

CU was on the podcast w/ Dustin. CU said they were close on two riders. One was confirmed to be Ashton Yates.

On a subsequent podcast with RS , Standboli said the other rider was Rocco. This was refuted by Sean Bice who said it was Supersport not Superbike.

In other news, Sam Lochoff is at Barber to ride. No clue what its for, only picture I have seen is him on some sort of Ducati. It was very clear from the CU podcast that they wanted Sam to stay but Sam decided to step away, most likely to heal his ankle. However, according to Sean Bice, Lochoff had a twins ride lined up on an Ape.

418 likes this.
  9. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I’m just gonna say, I’m about 98% sure you won’t ever see Rocco on an M4 bike.

Circacee and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  10. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

so you're saying there's a chance????

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That interview started a little rough: "Tony Elias has secured his career best finish of the weekend…"

Well, the toothpaste is not going back into the tube. Once he started racing the bike, what was the least-bad thing to do? Retire or just circulate around racetracks trying not to get hurt for the rest of the season?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2023
    Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  12. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping Rocco gets the call

Namarow and stk0308 like this.
  13. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

I wonder this all the time with him. Part of me kind of admires a multiple time champion who still rides with a chip on his shoulder, but also - was he really an underdog this year? Certainly we knew the bike's potential and we knew Jake would be the one to beat. I don't think it's surprising at all that he gets some wins and maybe even fights for the championship this year.

I will say, his race pace in race 2 was wild and only getting faster and faster in the last few laps clearly shows how hard he's pushing to break the will of the people behind. Shame Baubier went out with a technical. I feel like we got robbed of a good close race at the end there.

14. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Did they cut Herrin's bird out of the YouTube video?

15. nlzmo400r

JP said on the telecast that Toni was 3 seconds slower in the practice at RA and said he was 'scared for his life' or something to that extent. I think Toni just couldn't get back in the mindset of pushing and risking to that level and even though he was right back in the thick of things at the end of the weekend he knew his heart wasn't in it.

HPPT likes this.
  16. nlzmo400r

No lol. I wished Greg would've jumped at that opportunity though. 'Josh clarifying that he's number one out there today' would've been a well placed line.

TurboBlew and MELK-MAN like this.
  17. 418

418 Expert #59

No truer words spoken.

He ain't ready.

18. 27

27 Well-Known Member

he had a kid right? It changes some more than others...

Banditracer and ungwaha like this.
  19. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

Attached Files:

TurboBlew, MELK-MAN, Itey and 3 others like this.
  20. 418

418 Expert #59