1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My 1990 FZR400 is officially for sale

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Metalhead, Mar 14, 2017.

1. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

Hope it was a big block. :D

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

Just a mile... I think the tires still have track pressure in them. As in too low without warmers... nice seating position, also the feel and turn in was great. Overestimated the brakes though ...

3. grady anderson

Me too. :eek:

4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Its called fresh pads and fluid:D

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

Was a little surprised because R6 calipers.

No biggie. Looking at replica fairings now...

grady anderson likes this.
  6. grady anderson

Your Panagale may have thrown your braking perception off. I am pretty sure my Ducati brakes did that to me.
    But yes pads, fluid and lines are near the top of the list this week.
    Bodywork? Hmmmm
    I thought you weren't taking it to the track? Changed your mind in ONE mile?

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

Nah, just abs steeet fairings with decals

8. britx303

9. grady anderson

Why did you post a picture of your FZR brake lever?

10. grady anderson

Let me know if you find the decals
    They will look good on the race bodywork

11. britx303

:D Because the brakes are awesome on the FZRs. Even the 88-89 400's. You guys need to ride an Enfield........that will make you appreciate the fzr brakes all the more!!!:crackup:

12. grady anderson

I have a 1966 Yamaha YL1, a 71 AT1, an 82 Triumph, 85 Elite scooter, an 86 XR200 so I have brake appreciation in hand. So to speak.
    But you need to take a bike with modern brakes for a ride before referring to FZR400 brakes as awesome.
    And I have offered.....

13. britx303

Grady.....do you want my 400/600? I found an R6 I "NEED":D
    No....I only crash my own bikes:p

14. bsanorton

bsanorton Well-Known Member

I'm the new owner. Bought it from Steve's buddy. I take good care of her and have done several track days...

15. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Were you able to get a knee down during your track days? Previous owner was unable to do this :beer:

16. bsanorton

bsanorton Well-Known Member

Well 1st of all I'm a novice, have taken the novice class several times and normally stay for the next day. Funny you should say that, it is a bit more difficult for me to move around the bike. Seems like it sits a little higher and the seat is flatter then my 675 and Buell (I used both at track days). I am more used to triples and twins then inline fours on the track. But I really enjoy the bike, can get up and go, sounds terrific and was setup nicely by previous owners. I would like to have someone setup the suspension for me, I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to that or tires. Just changed the plugs, oil, cleaned out the gas tank, new gas filters, new petcock. The FZR for me is an awesome track bike for whatever future holds for me. I just enjoy being out there at 64 years old, lol

Wingnut, MattTries, joec and 5 others like this.
  17. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

That’s very cool. That’s a great little bike to experience a track on! Glad you are having fun.

18. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I have a feeling this thread will age well