1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road America / Moto America 2023

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, May 31, 2023.

1. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

I knew McWilliams was old but 59!?!?!?

Damn

ToofPic, kirk erlinger and 418 like this.
  2. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Probably doesn't help that they were still putting that bike together when they got to Barber. He's a good kid, I think he'll do very well if he can learn to get that thing stopped.

TurboBlew, kirk erlinger and MELK-MAN like this.
  3. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

How uncomfortable is Fong riding with a deployed airbag at the start of the race??

4. kirk erlinger

kirk erlinger Well-Known Member

Wow J McWilliams is too damn old to go sliding down the track like that!!

Ducman851 and 418 like this.
  5. 418

418 Expert #59

Bobby "airbag" Fong wins.

5axis likes this.
  6. 27

27 Well-Known Member

thats a hell of an improvement from his other type of “bag” he’s usually called :D

7. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

The brief interview indicated to me that Toni made the decision to hang it up, not that M4 was getting rid of him.
    Who is available for them to put on that bike for the rest of the year? Rocco? Cody Wyman?

Namarow, 5axis and MELK-MAN like this.
  8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I thought CU implied that they were told by Suzuki that Toni was getting the seat, not their choice.

418 likes this.
  9. 418

418 Expert #59

So going by the vid MA posted, Elias retirement announcement was pretty much a surprise to the team.

Pretty shitty thing to do really.

10. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I’m curious if his bike was leaking something that lap. Few turns earlier he had a moment, then those behind him did as well in the same spot?

11. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

Wonderful, Rocco! Rocco! Rocco!

Namarow, MrGooch and 418 like this.
  12. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

13. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Absolutely wrong…when your heart and brain are no longer in it, and you’re more worried about getting hurt than anything else, it’s time to stop racing before you do get hurt. Better that the ride goes to someone younger and hungrier than someone who is just going through the motions to fulfill a contract.

14. 418

418 Expert #59

What's "absolutely wrong" is commiting to a full season of racing and quitting 3 rounds into it.

Dude just came out of retirement. Maybe he should have though about his decision a little harder before he left a team that has to fill in a SBK ride mid season and fucking a younger and hungrier rider out of a seat in the first place.

And I get what you're saying but it was a shitty way to go about it.

15. 27

27 Well-Known Member

you mean like Kevin did and Scott got the Lucky Strike ride?

I still have some really cool racing “toys” that I got in Spain when I was there a few years after Russel’s stint on that bike... cool random find just walking into a store... wish America was the same...

16. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Maybe Kyle Wyman would be a good bet for M4 if Harley would let him.

grapemustard likes this.
  17. CLM81

CLM81 Well-Known Member

The only shitty part I see is that Toni didnt tell the team first.

RRP likes this.
  18. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Who’s been doubting Josh? The only criticism I’ve heard is that his immaturity shows under pressure at times, or his off-track antics are “too much” but I’ve never heard he’s slow. Maybe he’s been reading too many YouTube comments, I don’t know, but his speech left me more confused than anything.

HPPT, kirk erlinger and Dragginass like this.
  19. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I don't think he ever retired before did he? He just didn't have a ride, also the article I read with Chris Ulrich quotes made it seem that they had been talking about it for a while including Friday

grapemustard likes this.
  20. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

:stupid: