1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H Pylori

Discussion in 'General' started by SteveThompson, May 21, 2023.

1. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

They have loctite for that. :D

britx303 likes this.
  2. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Some cases yes, some cases no.

I don't want an orthopedic surgeon that dropped out of college.

I don't want to drive on a bridge that wasnt signed off by approved engineer.

On the flip side, I don't need to pay more at holiday inn because the manager has a master's degree in gender studies.

cbush, Jed, six6two and 2 others like this.
  3. six6two

six6two AWD

But what if that gender studies degree is a PHD from a prominent university like Yale? (yes, that is a thing now!!!!!!)

cbush and britx303 like this.
  4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

No amount of loctite can fix this hot mess :crackup:

Yzasserina likes this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

This thread needs JB Weld and a PowerCommander.

tony 340 and britx303 like this.
  6. britx303

I think it’s in the works:crackup:

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The smartest guy I interviewed when I worked on Wall Street smoked pot and had a degree in architecture. He was a bit unconventional to say the least and I definitely pushed to get him hired. He was still successfully working at the bank 20 years after I left.

Yzasserina and Jed like this.
  8. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

My family had no extra money. I have paid for all of my education on my own. I got one small student loan so I could keep racing my senior year at Wisconsin. After graduation with a degree in anthropology I got a job in the indudtry. The motorcycle industry as a mechanic at a Yamaha dealership. A BA in Anthropology only prepares you for grad school, but it was interesting and fun. The only degree which was easier to get for me was the BA in Elementary Education.

Yzasserina and Jed like this.
  9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

And a new red limiter.

Jed and pickled egg like this.
  10. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I'm the poorest guy I know. Degree -- anthropology. :D

Axe me about teef!

Oddly enough dentists and anthropologist use different nomenclature for teeth. Dentists use numerical designations 1 though whatever, and Anthro uses an initial plus number system plus left right, upper lower.

11. Jed

Jed mellifluous

My dad died as CEO of a family owned company he went to work for out of his brief stint in the navy after ROTC at UNC in the late 50s. Not our family so we didn't get the rewards of the good years. The industry went through major changes with some of Reagan's deregulations. I was a country club kid until I was about 10 and then then the new regs resulted in reducing the company head count by around 50%. He was a regular ee at that time and stuck around to help the company as much as possible. Kept moving up and groomed the owner's sons who were about 10 years younger than him to run the company. Cancer took him out at 64. My wife was 6 months pregnant when he died and all he wanted to do was hold on until that baby was born. I bought a Doppler heart beat thing so he could hear the baby knowing he couldn't make it that long.

After he was diagnosed terminal he made me promise to never go into that industry as he saw no future in it and burned up his life working 5.5 days a week for 10 to 12 hours a day to make sure another family's legacy could be passed on for another generation (the third since the founder). Pretty sad in retrospect as I type this. He had plenty of dreams that were never realized. We spent many weekends looking for the perfect sailboat and he new we could never buy one but he wanted me to keep the dream alive.

I had student loans he took out and passed on to me when I graduated. I was pretty jaded by the prospect of 'business' and he had always said the best employees he had were ones who came in knowing they had a lot to learn vs the young ones who thought they knew it all just out of college.

Hence the anthro degree and an attitude that I know I will always need to learn more. Sometimes that's been a detriment as I tend to underestimate what I can do and sell myself short.

So no, I didn't come from money. Anthropology at my school provided a unique experience to dig into a colonial city and it's precolonial history.

So now I'm in software development in the healthcare tech industry for a startup still in the friends and fools capital stage.

Coulda shoulda woulda - pay attention and learn math. Get a mechanical engineering degree and make shit.

Gecko, BigBird and cbush like this.
  12. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

This won't get you as far as it used to. (I have an ME degree from a Prominent University) Yes, you will have a job, but engineering is more of a commodity these days. And companies are always downsizing, and hiring replacements the next week. (gm hint hint) I've heard the ads for the last month or two, saying what a great place gm is to work. After they make announcements of the "downsizing" they are doing. If you are offered the "retirement" package, you better take it, as otherwise you'll be fired with no compensation. But if you are too valuable, you won't get offered the package, even if you want it.(mostly assembly plant people). It's age discrimination, but somehow they manage to avoid any issues with the gov.

At another car place, they tend to have a lot of Indian (dot) born contract engineers. They get them work visas and pay them shit. Once they understand how they are being used, they quit but find other jobs and stay. There are plenty of US born engineers with experience, but they cost too much...and I have to deal with the new hires that don't understand things and are very hard to understand when they talk.

I can't wait until I can retire...with the help of Motion & Bird LLC. LOL

motion and BigBird like this.
  13. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Thank you for sharing. I puddled up at the Doppler thing.

BigBird and britx303 like this.
  14. britx303

Same. My dad died just after my youngest was born. 18 years ago this month was his accident. It’s heartbreaking having that reminder of her birth and his death feeling so connected.

Razr and Yzasserina like this.
  15. ORIF

ORIF Well-Known Member

As a fellow parent, I truly hope you find your answer and she is able to fully recover from this illness.

If no straightforward solutions should be found however, please at least consider that now, more than ever before, young women are more prone to suffer from eating disorders. Social media has absolutely shredded what young women consider to be an acceptable body image.

They can be difficult to treat and terrifying to deal with as a parent, but these disorders are treatable.

16. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

And some safety wire

Yzasserina likes this.
  17. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I saw this picture. I also suspect cycling off of the ped’s is story here.

JCW likes this.
  18. six6two

six6two AWD

Derek at "No Plates No Dates" on YouTube has done a deep dive on the viral issue.. and actually concluded that he's probably not even fully off gear through all this LMFAO

SteveThompson likes this.
  19. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

There’s probably no putting this thread back on the rails, but here’s an update.

We finally got the stool test results. I have no idea why that takes a month. They show very high levels of h pylori. Also some high levels of other gut bacteria.

Bailey is a smart kid and very ambitious. Once we had those results and knew this wasn’t an emotional issue or a problem with healing she took the bull by the horns. She found 4 experts across the country at teaching hospitals and emailed them from her Purdue account to try to get some attention. 3 of them responded including two who recommended very similar treatment. One made a referral to a GI from another teaching hospital. We have an appointment there, but it’s in October. We’re trying to work through other doctors to maybe get treatment started now. She’s dreading it because of how bad the antibiotics made her feel the last time.

In summary, she feels worse but has some answers. It looks like the bacteria was never gone. When she had the endoscopy and biopsy it showed no bacterial infection. We were told that was the gold standard test. It turns out the experts do not believe that to be a perfect test.

Right now we’re taking it day by day. We have a lot of support and resources. I am also grateful for the support from here. Some folks have pm’d very useful information. Thank you!

Triple X, Pride & Joy, nd4spd and 4 others like this.
  20. six6two

six6two AWD

Sounds like that's some good news! I didn't know it until watching Derek's video on Gordon's gut issues... but apparently even seratonin levels are extremely effected/regulated by the gut! Sending healing vibes!:beer:

SteveThompson likes this.