1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy $#!+. My wife is in the middle of an active shooter.

Discussion in 'General' started by auminer, May 6, 2023.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Exceptions to everything - especially if I don't want to go through and deal with banning stupid people.

2. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

At least we are in agreement about Teflon.

R1M370 likes this.
  3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

We went back to the scene today. She had to see it again and walk me through the day that day.

It really hit home just how close she was to the guy. It was freaky to ponder how the random fact that there was no open parking spot by the Wetzel's Pretzel place kept her from being right in the hairy middle of the guy's path. She had to park way on the other side of the mall and was heading to the shoe store first, intending to walk over to the pretzel place after instead of going there first.

It's still not been made public what the whackjob's motivations were beyond the fact that he targeted THAT mall specifically... was it that mall in general? A particular store? None of that's known yet.

So if some other random person had left the mall a few minutes ahead... arrived a few minutes after... if nutbar had turned right instead of left... if...if...if...

4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Just be happy with your outcome. What if is a cliff you should stay away from. There is a ton of events that could have gone bad that we are not even aware of since they did not. Glad this is one that ended well for y'all

cbush and R1Racer99 like this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I’m with this guy.

Butterfly effect and shit.

cbush likes this.
  6. sheepofblue

Sadly I have also seen the flip of what he did. Where 6 inches either way and the tragic event never happened. But that is how life works.

auminer likes this.
  7. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

In the flying business I've been involved with a few accident investigations and the aftermath. When I first read this, and you were saying how you guys were fine, I was glad to hear you were safe, but at the same time, thinking, this isn't over and you're going to need some help dealing with it going forward.

I hope you do what you can to find peace in your life, this is a traumatic event, there's no shame in learning new techniques to deal with the stress.

cbush, cBJr, MGM and 3 others like this.
  8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Oh same here.

Fell off a roof. Came within about 9” of impaling myself on a fence post.

Got back on the roof. And knew if I fell again to make damn sure I pushed myself away from the house so I wouldn’t land on that damn fence post.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

See the YouTube thread… ;)

10. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

In the past week, a 43 yr old guy doing mulch work around a rental property, was killed after a homeless person asked him for money and the guy said he didn't have any....dude pulled a gun and shot him in the head....No arrest yet.

A couple days ago, a drive by shooting that hit 4-5 kids at an inner city park. It was caught on video but no arrests.

Both of these incidents happened in the middle of the day, 3-4 pm and just a couple blocks where I've been working the past few months doing concrete road work/street rehab.

Thursday, a pair of crackheads pulled alongside our tool truck/box truck, and grabbed a stihl cutoff saw and blower out of the truck....We were busy pouring concrete and literally less than 40' away but on the other side of the truck and out of view.

One of our dump truck drivers saw it and ran in the road, which wasn't too smart, but the crackers got away of course.

Crazy fuckin' world no doubt. Cincinnati getting shot up like crazy lately.

11. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

Erosion of law and order and the breakdown of the civil society - all by design. Notice where it’s starting.

12. six6two

six6two AWD

Eerily similar to the breakdowns of both Russia and Germany in the late 19th and early 20th centuries...

This old Rz, YamahaRick and cbush like this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You'll never truly know his motivation because crazy like that will never make sense to the sane.

sheepofblue likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Are you actively trying to be banned?

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Stop.

cbush likes this.
  16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You're giving me too much credit. :D

17. six6two

six6two AWD

Not at all... no more nation-state references from me around here!

18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

And that's really the crux of it. Strip out all the crying noise, placement of blame on inanimate objects, what you are left with is a crazy person that failed to contain his crazy and shit it on to society.

OldSchlPunk, R1M370 and six6two like this.
  19. sheepofblue

Everyone is a tad crazy, most are harmless though.

20. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Or.....everybody is raging and the clock ticks. :D