1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C'est La Beeb

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

You're right, however, since a couple/three years ago they have to tell the you the cost if you ask for it. The big problem is that they only give you the cost before insurance covers anything and most of the time they have no idea how much the insurance will pay. I had to have an MRI last year and despite the fact it had to be pre-approved no one, the hospital or insurance company could give me an idea of how much I would actually be paying.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Oh, they could.

They just wouldn’t.

Sabre699, R1M370, 27 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

You are correct. Another good laugh.....look at the graduating rates of college football players between some universities.....like Alabama and Notre Dame.

4. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

True

And for those of us who do investigate you find out the same procedure at 2 different hospitals less than a mile apart are $46000 at one and $6200 at the other. True story true prices

StaccatoFan, Banditracer and R1M370 like this.
  5. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

You can blame rx, you can blame hospitals, EOD it falls on Big Insurance. The complexity of billing codes and billing caps are beyond my pay grade but the short of it is you bill for what you do, and insurance pays what they deem fit. It never evens out.

Yes I am on the rx end of things. I’m not blind to corrupt practices but there’s been a push from society for “a pill to cure my ill” since the early ‘90s. Rx is filling that consumer want.

I’m not an apologist but I’m not a torch weilder.

StaccatoFan, gixxerboy55 and Razr like this.
  6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

A few years back I banged my head and had to get it stapled.
    The emergency room bill was over $13,000.

Btw, concerning cancer treatments, few doctors will put themselves through
    chemo or radiation. Just to counter the happy stories, I watched them treat
    my grandmother for cancer. It was horrible. The suffering they put her through
    was inhuman. Her death was a blessing.

Physician practices are just profit centers these days.
    Anyone who trusts Big Pharma isn't paying attention to what's going on.
    It's just big business that doesn't make money from a healthy populace and
    therefore has no desire to create a healthy populace, quite the opposite.
    Today's newest billionaires are coming from Big Pharma.
    They don't give a damn about your health, they're just pushing pills and tests.

six6two, chobes and 27 like this.
  7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Almost every time I've ever gone to my doctor, there's a salesman waiting to see the doctor. Briefcase in hand, I'm assuming he's pushing his product. He's always impatient, pestering the receptionist every 4 minutes about when will the doctor be available. He's usually on his phone the whole time, talking loudly!

chobes and 27 like this.
  8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Usually the salesman is a hot babe in a short skirt or tight slacks, that helps the sales.

YamahaRick, cha0s#242 and six6two like this.
  9. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

six6two likes this.
  10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I’ve seen her a couple of times. My luck… it’s usually an obnoxious loud guy… typical pushy salesman with the fake announcer voice!

11. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

90% of what Big P offers can be fixed with natural supplements, with zero side effects.

27 and six6two like this.
  12. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

I blame it on direct to consumer marketing.
    Big Pharma is the biggest lobbying group in DC by far, they are also top advertisers on tv and other media.

27, brex and tony 340 like this.
  13. Banditracer

Yeah, we're only one of 2 countries that allow drug ads and 70 % of the big 4 broadcast channels income comes from big pharma. Do you think they're going to bite the hand that feeds them and tell the truth ?

27, six6two, brex and 1 other person like this.
  14. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

If you really want a gut punch, do some research on how planned parenthood sells aborted fetus brains, livers, hearts.... for research......by the ounce......just like cattle.

Big pharma loves the trans movement.
    Once you're on those drugs you CANT stop.

27 likes this.
  15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Rained like hell the other day and I was stuck indoors for a few hours so I started watching a daytime show.
    Nothing except drug commercials. Yuk...

16. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

The last 2+ generations of Americans have been brainwashed to throw pills at their problems.

Good exercise, diet, sleep, and social/mental activities are never recommended for some magical reason.

YamahaRick likes this.
  17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I don’t understand the purpose of these commercials. Who are they advertising to? If you have a serious ailment, don’t you and your physician already know your plan of attack?

six6two likes this.
  18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

And attorney commercials… For bankruptcy and your auto accident.

Sabre699 likes this.
  19. six6two

six6two AWD

FWIW I never said anybody was evil, or raged against anything. Just stated the objective fact that running straight to the only industry that is 100% financially dependent on sickness, governed by anti-trust laws and all, might not be the best first step to sorting a health issue out, and that ole kenny's evolution rant/prominent degree ramblings were not relevant or appropriate in a discussion of health and nutrition.. yet here we are.. as I said.. C'est La Beeb baby!

Several years ago I had to watch my grandmother get neglected and ultimately killed by a pfizer experiment, but hey you can try ibrance for cancer "treatment" now if you want! And thanks to her death, and many others fine human beings killed off and treated like lab rats, the "fine print" at the end of those commercials will tell you that it could "cure" you, or it could cause severe lung infections while killing your white blood cell count(basically leukemia... WTF?!)... she was also severely neglected in the largest hospital in her state, where she felt safe to bet her life on having a nephew who made it to chief of staff there.. youngest ever, by 28 years old(he and his wife are on the medical board of admissions in our state). Her husband passed away a few years later during another pfizer experiment that fucked him up for months, then ultimately killed him causing a MASSIVE seizure. Obviously there are some great people in the industry trying to help people be well, but they don't own shit.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/PFE/holders

https://www.streetinsider.com/holdings.php?q=mon

Same one's who sell the panic, sell the cure! The same small tribe sets global monetary policy too FWIW, but that discussion cannot really go off without spiraling into political BS. Anyways, I don't know shit about autism... but some compelling research here in regards to cancer, and autism by a developer of chemotherapy:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2023
  20. Banditracer

You've still got time to move that video to the Youtube thread before you get the rath of the mods.