1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road America / Moto America 2023

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, May 31, 2023.

1. 418

418 Expert #59

How many years of development does an R1 superbike have versus the baggers?

You always gotta make some shitty points.

Once a Wanker.. and ToofPic like this.
  2. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

R1 holds about 3L of water, 4L of oil. From the length of the kitty litter trail I'd say it was both.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Could be, never saw a close up of the engine. Still playing catch up from Cycle Jam with the racing on in the background :crackup:

Upside is Endurance results and points are finally up on the site and all our bills at home and for WERA are now paid :D

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Eh, I've seen 5 qts spread damn near 2 miles :crackup:

Seriously though, could have dumped all the oil going in and that's when it went boom and the final bit was water. Way too hard to make any sort of real assessment from the video feed.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  5. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Me too. :)

The huge billowing white smoke was the telltale, I bet you can almost stick your fist in the hole.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, the amount of stuff that came out all at once it was either a HUGE radiator hose or a very large brand new inspection port :D

7. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

I'm guessing Con rod size inspection port in the oil pan. For when you strip the drain plug.

GixxerBlade and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I'm guessing you're not an Attack fan and facts are shitty?
    Anyway I don't remember the AMA Pro HD Supertwins blowing up all of the time or since Harleys have been racing for what 110 years it's ok?

But this the beeb and reality aways gets distorted, and that's why many are here

Last edited: Jun 3, 2023
  9. 418

418 Expert #59

Yeah because a spec class like supertwins is exactly what the Baggers class we have today is. More dumb shit from you.

And I'm a huge Stamboli fan. I'm just calling a spade a spade. They're on the struggle bus.

10. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

shoutout to the new pitlane reporter Laurette because she's actually good at her job unlike every other pitlane reporter the drag racer they had

Once a Wanker.., 418 and Ducman851 like this.
  11. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Gonna be a long night for some mechanics! Would love to know what's up,other than fuel excuse

12. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Did Supertwins blow up alot? Nope
    Have people been racing Harleys for over a hundred years? Yep
    Should a Harley Bagger blow up as often as they do? Nope
    Can the rules be tweaked to correct this? Yep

13. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

And they say the perfect meme doesn’t exist

Attached Files:

14. 27

27 Well-Known Member

you guys have to understand the level that Stanboli operates... he changed the firing order of his zx10r powered CRT motogp entry...

Hell back in 08 he woke me up in the pits at 5am, my rig was next to his, because he had an idea for more power and was building a different spec engine Sat morning at 5am... he will keep doing it... he gets off on it and it works way more times than it doesn’t...

I bet the issue is the same as it was when all the R6s blew up when they all used the same ass numbers as everyone else... It may be a fuel issue but not what you think... it was before

VFR#52, Ducman851 and BC like this.
  15. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Just a small electrical issue that they have resolved. A 10 cent part.

Once a Wanker.. and 27 like this.
  16. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Wouldn't he do this on a test session though,insted of a race weekend while leading a championship? Thats alot of broke motors,and wrenching to do! Im a huge Gagne fan,and it just sux. The r1 needs to be updated!

17. 27

27 Well-Known Member

this is my opinion and that only... but... he pulled the engines out of the CRT at Indy and reverted them to the original firing order... After practice... if he’d do it there he’d do it anywhere... and his CRT was a work of art... fast, light, well run team with a great presentation... and he put Rapp on it, ridiculous choice again imo, but he rode my bikes so I know what he’s not capable of...

he wanted to dominate on an old bike at a hp track against way better base machines... he took a chance... His riders paid the price... imo

18. Ducman851

To be fair, we all knew this day would come where a new challenger would come full bore. That appears to be the BMW

JBall and ToofPic like this.
  19. 27

27 Well-Known Member

to give credit where credit is due... Scott Jensen is running that SB program... he had a RPM rate of gain traction control system with a different inventor the same time Amar Bazzaz did for Yosh... I raced against Scott since the 90s he’s a smart guy and he’s a rider... that goes along way in helping get the most out of your riders... especially when it’s CamB and PJ

and they have a bunch of work to do to get that BMW at the Yamaha level at other tracks look what happened at Barber... Hell Pegram won at RA against Ben and Mat on a proven Duc

this just makes the championship more competitive all teams pushing

cBJr, Gino230, Suzuka_joe and 2 others like this.
  20. Ducman851

Oh I’m in agreement. I love that it’s now becoming a multi-brand series

Once a Wanker.. and 27 like this.