1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's been a crazy 2 weeks...

Discussion in 'General' started by Used2befast, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

So, on the morning of May 15th about 6:30 am my wife and I woke up expecting to enjoy some down time camping. (2 weeks vacation)

What happened was unexpected. She sat up and said I had a nightmare. I was like uhhhh about what? She says to me "I had to marry my ex husband and you were there." It was at THAT moment I heard a loud elephant noise from her mouth and she died right in front of me. (44 yrs old)

I grabbed her arm and called out her name. Then I ran around to the front of her and grabbed both shoulders...she had a lifeless face. I layed her back flat on the bed and pulled the pillow out to clear her airway.

Immediately called 911. As I'm on the phone with dispatch they asked me if she was breathing but her breathing was slowly coming to an end. Dispatch said "put your phone on speaker." I knew I was about to do CPR on my wife. Just then, I heard a bang bang bang on my front door. I thought wow...it had only been a few seconds and EMT crew were here. I ran downstairs and pulled the door block from the foundation and opened the door.

To my total surprise It was a Lewisville POLICE officer!!! What?!?! He said "is she upstairs" and I said yes and we both ran up and he leaped onto the bed and started chest compressions. Then we grabbed her arms and legs to move her to the floor to continue CPR. EMT/Fire crew arrived moments later. They hooked the AED to her and it said shock. So they shocked her back to a heart rythym.

She was in ICU for a week and progressive care/rehab for another week. She comes home today :D

I have nothing but admiration and thankfulness for the Police officer and the fire crew who saved my wife. These guys are heroes in my book.

2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

What happened to cause that?

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. Used2befast

Sudden cardiac arrest...all the tests revealed very little.

4. Used2befast

I might also add that during the time they were trying to revive her our 80 lb alaskan husky "Hoss" was howling like never before. Our whole neighborhood was awoken to his sad howling. :confused:

SundaySocial and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  5. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Sheesh, I was hoping this was going to be some elaborate joke.

Great work and I'm glad your wife pulled through.

6. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Holy shit. That sounded more like a nightmare than real life. I'm so glad she was able to pull through, and that the officer was there to assist.

7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

so glad it worked out.

Once a Wanker.. and Used2befast like this.
  8. backho

backho Well-Known Member

WOW!! Thank heaven for the first responders!

9. Used2befast

Hoss misses momma Screenshot_20230603_070758.jpg

SundaySocial and evakat like this.
  10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Could not be happier for the outcome. That's scary as shit.

SundaySocial and Used2befast like this.
  11. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

HO
    LEE
    SHIT!

Prayers and best wishes to your Missus for a full and speedy recovery!!

12. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Glad to hear your wife is recovering, my mother suddenly collapsed in January, but never recovered, she passed within 36hrs of my dad passing.

Used2befast likes this.
  13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Wow… very happy she survived. Reading that story gave me chills. I’ll bet from now on every day will seem like a gift. Enjoy it brother.

14. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Scary stuff. Glad you and the officer were able to revive her. You're both heros.

Once a Wanker.., Used2befast and Razr like this.
  15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Damn!

Glad the missus is ok!

When you have a scary moment regarding your loved ones it is a stark reminder that tomorrow is not a promise.

I have to say it was also a grim reminder to get our affairs in order with regards to each of us knowing where to find things like insurance policies, wills, funeral arrangements, etc.

SundaySocial and Used2befast like this.
  16. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Wow!!! That’s intense.

very happy for the positive outcome. Hope she makes a full recovery.

17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Wow. So glad for the positive outcome. I very recently completed a CPR course offered through my employer. Always meant to get around to it, never quite did. No bullshit course, 3 1/2 hours. The statistics of how imperative the time to intervention is are quite compelling. You have seconds. Don’t walk, run, and know what you’re doing. So relieved for you and your wife OP, and your dog, of course.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2023
  18. Used2befast

A gift...you know it!!!

19. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

Jeez...I wasn't expecting that. I hope all stays well friend.
    Peace

20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Man that is scary. I’m glad you and the officer saved her. She’s young, here is too many more years of happiness together.