1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road America / Moto America 2023

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, May 31, 2023.

1. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Thanks, thought it might have something to do with time constraints due to all the leaking Harley's :)

2. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

4. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I think they also did it to push the big money teams towards Supersport instead of Twins or STK1000. "cutting travel costs" was also a benefit.

This weekend will be a big tell for the new Dunlop tires and I believe a preview of what will happen at Laguna with the new pavement there. I would not be surprised to see a return of the older tire with harder compounds available.

Bummed about missing RA, one of my favorite trips.

Kaleb FTW in STK 1000!

E Reed and 2blueYam like this.
  5. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

[​IMG]
    Looking at the difference between these two schedules, the MA Live+ is definitely Eastern time.
    upload_2023-6-1_9-59-18.png

Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
    kirk erlinger likes this.
  6. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Dude - Stop by the ESBK tent. I'll be there with 2 of our riders this weekend.

Funkm05 and 27 like this.
  7. 27

27 Well-Known Member

most everyone.. If you’ve known Jason that long there are 20 more guys from his day in the paddock in one capacity or another... JU will always make time for fans as will all the Bagger dudes... Hayden Gilliam and JD Beach(only AFT now) are two of the most family friendly guys racing... JD asked me for a bike for Hayden at RA the last time I was racing there, his blew up, a decade later at COTA they were still thanking me... the paddock is full of the best humans I’ve ever encountered... enjoy and make memories

8. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

R7 (0455) and R8 (0585) will probably be the rear tires for Laguna. Just like when barber was repaved.

stickboy274 likes this.
  9. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

10. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Barber's Rewind were several days or a week after the race.
    TV coverage is scarce this year . Same with AFT

11. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Has MA released a RA specific entry list for the classes?

12. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Hope superbikes will be a bit closer like Road Atlanta with the HP straights and draft. I don't care how great Gagne is or how hard he worked, I'm sick of him ruining races :D

redtailracing likes this.
  13. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

14. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

15. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Was it last year that Farrell put on an absolute clinic there in the wet? God that was epic.

16. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I know most are pretty cool guys. It’s been about a dozen years since I’ve made it out to a race … damn family raising and stuff …

I know it always was that, but I also know a lot of the guys that always made it that way have retired/moved on. Like I said, I just don’t know any of the new crop, and we all know there are some guys that’ll do it because they “have to” versus guys that do it because they love interacting with the fans … read the Nicky Hayden post for some great examples. You know what I mean.

17. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

evakat and badmoon692008 like this.
  18. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Shut up. I get to actually meet the “other HR guy” in person?? Lol!

19. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

No they have not, everything is outdated

20. WillMill

WillMill CRA MN #633