1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IndyCar

Discussion in 'General' started by Razr, Sep 4, 2018.

1. rwdfun

rwdfun

1 hour to run the last 15 laps. Forget NASCAR. This is making the end of close basketball games seem quick. F it. Keep them racing until there is only 1 car left and crown them the winner. Worst part is listening to Lee Diffy too

Need to ban that weaving stuff too. I know it’s for the win but using all of pit entrance then swerving back across the full track just missing the end of the wall is going to end badly at some point

R1Racer99 and evakat like this.
  2. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Who's this Penske dude? :D

3. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

They're allowed to weave all over like that? Crazy.

Well at least its finally over lol

4. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Brilliant. Love it.

Gixxerguy855, Razr and rd400racer like this.
  5. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

The Captain finally finishes his ultimate revenge for the failure of "the split" way back when; OWNING the series, the Speedway, and the race win.

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Breaking the draft . Totally legal .

03RumbleBee, TLR67 and Gixxerguy855 like this.
  7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

That wheel/tire flying over the catch fence was a serious pucker. It appeared to still have that half of the axle, too.

That would have been very damn ugly if it had gone into the stands.

Kind of remarkable that the damage wasn't worse.

[​IMG]

I wonder who be payin'...

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Firestone?

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

WOW.....crazy finish, Ericson is pissed.
    That's not the first time a tire flew into the crowd there. In the mid 80s, a tire hit a guy in the top row and killed him instantly. There was a photo taken at impact, it looked like the tire was mounted to his head.
    My parents were at the IndyCar race in Charlotte in 1999, a rear wheel assembly went into the crowd and killed 3 people. The race was cancelled, they put up tarps in the stands to keep everyone from viewing the injuries. The never went back to Charlotte.

10. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I can’t believe there’s not a rule that keeps them from heading towards that pit wall, I’m guessing there will be next year. And yeah the weaving is bullshit and a one lap sprint at the end is just wrong for a 500 mile race.

There was so much annoying shit about this race and the coverage, but my new baby got to watch her first back home again in Indiana with me like I used to with my dad, so at least I found something about it. I miss Gomer Pyle but the newer guy is pretty good.

Last edited: May 29, 2023
  11. 418

418 Expert #59

Makes me wonder if the new safer cars are causing some unintended consequences. Not just in Indy cars btw.

I saw some moves today that would get your head kicked in back in the day because the penalty for getting it wrong around that place was very high.

Now you see guys taking all four wheels across grass at 220mph like it's a video game.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  12. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Ericsson sounded like a little bitch… I had some respect until they interviewed him at the end..Give the fans a good ending and they did 100%…. You don’t want to be leading that race with the top 5 cars within hundredths of each other.. He chose to lead and lost…I was really hoping AJ’s prodigy would win but he will sooner or later.. Hats off to the winner regardless.. Has to be a unreal feeling winning there..

R1Racer99, Razr and Gixxerguy855 like this.
  14. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

:stupid:
    He was whining about no warm up lap, it was the same for everyone.

TLR67 likes this.
  15. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

The only Rossi I root for is Alexander :) Next comes Newgarden, so I'm glad he won. He said in his interview how much winning & racing @ Indy meant to him .

TLR67 likes this.
  16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Some of those restarts were pretty wild… 5 wide and inches away. Of course it usually resulted in another flag.

17. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

I've no problem with the weaving to help dininish the guys draft behind ya...

Otherwise it's like Daytona..just sit in 2nd until the last corner..then draft for the win ..Zzzzzzzzz.

I agree the sprint race ....it vastly diminishes a race of endurance...

Everything changes, software, Boost even tires if allowed to put .it becomes a qualifying car.

That's the boring as Fck problem with Oval racing...it's always a pack.....races should have turns....except old school board track racing...and of course speedway ..

18. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Said it before and will prob say it again...I miss when a race could finish under caution. I hate any red flag for the show. If the track is not 100% blocked or conditions too unsafe, pace laps until you're racing again or checkers. Ericsson was especially a bitch because he wanted to choose which false ending counted and he was only ahead for that last one because of when a arm can be seen waving a flag on a lap that wasn't #200.

I also have to remind myself that I really like Josef Newgarden. IndyCar makes it so easy to support the underdogs that I forget he used to be one. He and Sarah Fischer is/was a great story and I'm happy he got the win even if it was corny and it means a Penske win.

TLR67 likes this.
  19. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I sense a need to offer some cheese for the whine I’ve discovered in this thread. I enjoyed the finish

Razr and TLR67 like this.
  20. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

You guys ever see a 125 GP race?

And the dude that passed in the grass was on his 22nd Indy 500 start.

I agree that it's OK for races to finish under caution.