1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's talk cruisers....

Discussion in 'General' started by gapman789, May 24, 2023.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

The Indian just looks more modern, better finished, the Harley looks like a 1958 model. Ride them both, then decide.

2. mdroadracer

mdroadracer Well-Known Member

3. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I agree. Every review I've read/watched, the Indian is an overall better bike....suspension, handling, performance (if that's even a category in cruisers), and little things like self locking suit cases.

The RK is crazy expensive now....I've seen some leftover '22 SFDH (springfield dark horse) in the $20-21k range. A used 2-3 yr old RK is pulling more than that. New RK is $26k-ish...

Razr likes this.
  4. Kolbe

Kolbe Well-Known Member

You are correct about the chieftain. The chief is a different model in-between the scout and chieftain/ springfield. Its similar to a soft tail for size and layout reference.

gapman789 likes this.
  5. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

Cruisers are 1% specs, 69% what you like the look of, and 30% what you think your friends will like. No shame, facts:D

rd400racer and gapman789 like this.
  6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

That's only 10% of the facts...
    90% of riders are mental.

7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Sabre699 likes this.
  8. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Well, you're not dead yet, so I'd say a re-do is on the table. Not that I'm advocating buying a Guzzi...or a cruiser...

Sabre699 and rd400racer like this.
  9. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Shit...YES!! :beer: