1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I got the 5610 and box said 762/308. My dad just picked one up and said they may have one more in their enterprise location

BC likes this.
  2. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Similar to your experience, I really don't notice much difference between 7.62 vs. .308 either. Way more difference moving between different weights. Compounded with the fact that I've never actually seen a 7.62 only chambered gun, kinda thinking the chamber pressure difference is borderline negligible and little more than a minor technical spec difference.

3. redtailracing

4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Thank you for checking and for the referral.

I ordered it online from them and it should ship tomorrow.:clap::timeforabeer:

5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

6. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

7. Steak Travis

Great. Yeah they told him it’d be awhile before they got anymore.

8. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

GG, next time you go out to the range and are doing a slow-ish string of fire with the handgun try the opposite of this. Instead of press/reset as one motion, try release/press instead. Obviously this method doesn't work for the first round in the mag, but each shot after that it can be employed. I have taken a class taught by an ex SOF guy and he had us try this and for many of the students it improved their accuracy and speed. Let me know what you think after you try it.

sanee and Gorilla George like this.
  9. Steak Travis

found it the other day. We were looking for more pigs and I saw some buzzards hanging out in the middle of the woods near where I shot this one. He ran about 60 yards.

10. redtailracing

Well I sure as shit can't take ownership myself! :crackup:

Sabre699 likes this.
  11. For clarification, you are saying after firing, rather than letting the trigger only come forward far enough to reset, you are saying to let it come all the way forward (completely release it), and then come back to the wall?

Yeah I’ll try it today. I had an extra long morning cardio session and didn’t go to the range yesterday, so I gotta go today.

Im prepping my mags and shit now.

12. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

13. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

hes saying do the opposite of what youve been doing

14. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

If I read it correctly, he's saying think of the sequence differently.

Today: You start with the trigger set, then pull then reset (one cycle complete),
    Try: fire the first shot, then hold the trigger back. // Let the trigger reset, shoot, then hold the trigger back (no re-set). repeat.
    It's shifting where the cycle starts.

Saiyan66 and Gorilla George like this.
  15. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

HAhahaha...let's all tell GG how to shoot! :D

GG, you're squeezing the trigger then letting it reset while coming back on target so you can be Johnny on the spot with the next squeeze. Saiyan is saying to hold your squeeze for the follow through, reset/squeeze as you get on target.
    Instead of your 1-2 sequence of squeeze/reset with no follow through, you're gonna do a 2-1 sequence and the follow through will be there.

Gorilla George likes this.
  16. I see what you are saying.

I think.

So the end result is the same (being ready to fire once your sight picture has settled), it’s more on the timing of the sequence and what you are actually calling the start of the sequence.

17. I’m heading to the range now and I’ll try it.

I especially like doing 1-handed drills with .45’s. It makes shooting a 9mm with 2 hands feel like child’s play.

But I always start my range day shooting the X-Macro from the draw.

I’ll set the target at 15 yards and from the draw, do 10 head shots, reload with a spare mag from my pocket, then do 10 body shots.

I like to start the day drawing from concealment, shooting and quickly reloading my EDC, cold.

That is a much more realistic “real life” thing. In an emergency situation, there won’t be any warm-up shots.

Then I do whatever drills I want to do with other guns. And I always end the day shooting my EDC again. Being my primary self-defense one, it’s always the first and last gun I shoot.

18. Ahhhhh ok. I worked it out while driving here. I get it now.

Currently, my one motion is trigger wall-rear-trigger wall.

He is saying make the one motion be rear-trigger wall-rear.

My question is, wouldn’t that slow down the fire rate?

Currently I use the recoil time to reset the trigger, and I’m immediately ready to shoot once the sight picture is reacquired.

Using that method, I would not reset the trigger till after the recoil is finished, thereby slowing down the fire rate.

Or is this drill for accuracy rather than speed?

19. :crackup:

Nah I don’t mind. I’m always looking for new shit to try.

That’s my breakfast routine. I have a 65” TV mounted on the wall in the dining room. I watch shooting videos while eating breakfast. Sometimes I’m lucky enough to come up on a new drill I haven’t tried, and I’ll go do it that day.

20. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

@Gorilla George There's a lot that goes into maintaining your position on meal team 6. :bow:

Gorilla George and six6two like this.