1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fentanyl

Discussion in 'General' started by backcountryme, Nov 10, 2022.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I didn’t. He was my orthopedic doctor’s personal doctor.

2. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

All I know is yeah codeine makes me feel super sick and the drs wont give ya anything else so yeah I got to enjoy a few days of extra pain in the hospital. Fuckers!!

3. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Fixed it for 'ya.

pickled egg likes this.
  4. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Grow your own mushrooms. They are far more impactful than normie street drugs anyhow.

Gino230, Sabre699, 27 and 1 other person like this.
  5. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

Back in high school
    20 somethin years ago I ordered spores and dabbled in cultivation… until my parents found my “operation”
    Good times :D

Gino230, 27 and BrentA like this.
  6. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Yep from one stupid to the next since the government is in charge. I know someone that was on enough pain meds it would have killed someone else. Not a good thing but all legal. Largely because they were refusing to do what was needed to help him. In contrast when I crashed I got the F in the ambulance (actually never heard of it just asked out of curiosity) For a couple of weeks after I got something I cannot even tell you. Basically all prescribed, all taken in the amounts and when told by docs. Helped a lot as the first few days were very painful. Then stopped that crap. That is how it should work but is hard to get anymore from what I have been told. Sucks for the non-abusers.

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Yup...

8. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

I may have macrodosed shrooms and peyote as a young lad.
    Tripping balls riding my first RDs made me develop designated drivers as friends. Of course the maddog didn't help either.

Knotcher likes this.
  9. sdg

sdg *

Probably shouldn't say this but: painkillers plus alcohol is a really good time, I can easily see why/where people get addicted.

Gino230, ToofPic and R1Racer99 like this.
  10. long path/road

long path/road let's think about this!..??

Middletown NY area.. fused spine...15-16 yrs ago 5mg patches with synthetic pain pills.. found another Dr to put the nerves to sleep per say. 2 video scopes through rib cage and never looked back... I appreciate the last dr..for sure. the first Dr every month just in and out with prescription wasn't helping at all..

11. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Late to the thread here, but I’m extremely sorry to hear about your son. I can’t imagine the pain you and your family must be going through.

We as a country love half measures. Either decriminalize and control the stuff through basic economics, or shoot smugglers and dealers. Or both at the same time. None of this halfway shit where we punish people with a few years in prison but allow people to make so much money in the drug trade that they find the risk worth the reward. Increase the risk by shooting people in a timely manner for unlicensed dealing and smuggling, reduce the reward by licensing and controlling legal avenues for people to get drugs they’re going to do anyway.

A good time to whom? I once had 2 Vicodin (broke 2 vertebrae) and forgot that I’d taken them, then my now wife offered me some champagne and I drank it. I felt incredibly nauseated, that was the absolute worst I’ve ever felt from any substance, no thanks!

BrentA likes this.
  12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

If you are mixing the two then you are misusing the painkillers.
    If that's the case there is no need for addiction since you are already
    a street user chasing a high, not a legitimate patient.
    Put the blame where it belongs, not on the drug.

sheepofblue and long path/road like this.
  13. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

the thing about this knee jerk (typically conservative) viewpoint on crime, and particularly THESE kinds of crimes, is in theory it sounds like a move, in reality it opens up society to retaliatory/spite/jealousy/reprisal accusations and summary executions without actual due process or guilt. Philippines (and the Salem witch trials) amongst many others, can show you that's exactly how that kind of thing will play out if it ever became real, and its all nice and good until your neighbor that wants your land accuses you of being a drug dealer, or your cousin gets shot dead with no evidence.

I was thinking about that in the context of all these tik toks of kids looting stores and stealing Kia's and everyone in the comments being like "its just stuff, its not worth it, just let them take it..." and the fact that horse thieves used to just get shot dead in the street. I dunno that I wanna live in that society, but I also don't wanna live in the society that greenlights and encourages people to steal shit from me I have to work this shitty stressful job to afford. I'm torn and I have no answers.

14. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

19 year old me would definitely agree with you. 2x Codeine and 4 or 5 beers made me feel floaty.
    38 year old me only took the codeine to sleep for the first three days of collarbone break #1, then left the remaining ones in the bottle.
    39 year old me only took the codeine to sleep for the first three days, post surgery of collarbone break #2, then added the remaining ones to bottle #1

That bottle's been in the medicine cabinet since 2009, with all but 6 of the original ones remaining.
    I really don't like being on it when 'required' so try to stop as soon as possible.

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

What's the shelf life on those? Do they go bad?

16. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

No idea.
    I did give 4x pills to a friend last year who had a frozen shoulder and was working it out of being frozen.
    That's all I would give her.

NIH says tablets/pills have the longest life past expiration.
    I think it's a question of how much do they degrade over time.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7040264/

Razr likes this.
  17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Nope.

long path/road and Razr like this.
  18. sdg

sdg *

Where the blame belongs?

How about the pharmaceutical companies and doctors who pushed it like candy and downplayed the addictive properties.

19. long path/road

will say , doctors push it because legal for them with a piece of paper to administer...and legalized drug pushers and that can very well create huge problems... and did start shit...for me... luckily my parents family and wife at the time seen what I couldn't ..at the time because of what Dr pushed,, and all were there to help..if wasn't for them probably would t be here.. God bless them and all family. who will get involved even if hard situations

sdg likes this.
  20. long path/road

End of day trusted and followed orders...will say had decided couldn't trust them..anymore when it wasn't me anymore and was loosing everything..