1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica - Round 2 - Barber 05/19-21

Discussion in 'General' started by motodog650, May 5, 2023.

1. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

ScottyRock155, 5axis and E Reed like this.
  2. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

3. Knarf Legna

It's now our battle cry, our theme for the season. Despite the circumstances I couldn't have come up with something better.

03RumbleBee likes this.
  4. Knarf Legna

We learned that the R5 front was available to Twins on Saturday when they mounted one for us by mistake. When we went back to make sure it was ok to run we were told that the allocation sheet had a mistake and the R5 should have been on it.

5. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

6. Knarf Legna

Probably on YouTube too I'll post a link. We're doing recap videos for each event, this one is the first. Nothing bashing anyone, just some inside looks.

7. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Sounds good. Interested to see them, but don't do the facetubes.

Thanks

8. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

So I could have had it to try for Warm Up Sunday. Well that would have been nice.

What would have been really nice is to have the old 0129 front and 097 rears available and allowed- not every team is Attack performance that can have the newest crap shipped to them months in advance for testing. We couldn't get those tires until Road Atlanta.

9. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

mine didnt update until Sunday and another member reported the same. idk why you decided to chime in 2 days later but okay

Banditracer likes this.
  10. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

This is interesting. What's also crazy is that it happens in a very narrow range of loading on the front. Trail braking keeps it calmed down but when I release the brake, dip the head and try to get that last 20 feet of roll speed around the apex is when it happens. Enough throttle and it goes away. The FZ /R7 does not put much weight on the front tire, the weight bias is a little off-so we've always tried to run softer springs in front to keep the front in the stroke and loaded. basically trying to do with springs what I couldn't do with the brake lever.

I tried riding through it, the front chattered itself right off the ground in Charlotte's and I ended up on my knee with the front sliding. As soon as it caught, I looked to the inside and saw 2 photographers with eyes wide as saucers and I thought "awesome! I saved a front slide and I will have video!!" But of course they missed the damn shot. :mad:

MELK-MAN and IL8APEX like this.
  11. Knarf Legna

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry your browser doesn't refresh often enough but no reason to get pissy about it :crackup:

And I posted that because the time difference and the issue with the Live+ schedule originally posted had been discussed repeatedly...

13. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

14. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Ducman851 likes this.
  15. DJ Baker

DJ Baker Well-Known Member

Rocco is probably checking his phone every 10 seconds, if it hasn't rang already.

16. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

That would be a hell of a jump for Rocco. Hayes however....

17. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Which class was Ventura runnin?

18. Ducman851

Supersport

19. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Muchos Gracias Senor

Ducman851 likes this.
  20. Ducman851