1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Ruger sfar is a shooter. That vortex 1-6 got real blurry at 6x gotta see what’s up with it. The thermal is dead on

bergara bolt 22 is also awesome though I thought it’d be quieter with the dead air can. Still a hoot to shoot

BC, RonR, Sabre699 and 1 other person like this.
  2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

When the SFAR came out months ago, my LGS had one within a week. I damn near bought it but wasn’t sure whether or not to let it be out for a bit for kinks to be sorted. Shoulda coulda woulda………

3. Steak Travis

i think they have worked them out. Check out family firearms for the best price on one. Also all the guys online that have shot them are idiots. It’s shooting 150-180 grain great. My 165 fusions are delivering tomorrow. The 180 grain fusions were MOA to sub MOA. Gonna put a better scope on it tomrrow and get some real groups. The vortex pst 1-6 I think needs to go back to vortex

britx303 likes this.
  4. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

maybe a house warming party aka lets all shoot some shit?? :)

britx303 and RonR like this.
  5. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

That Vortex has a solid warranty. One phone call, and you should be well sorted.

Photo and Steak Travis like this.
  6. Steak Travis

Yeah it’s useful to 4x then it craps out however it didn’t stop me from getting these two. I’m gonna send it off in the next day or two….

Man there is no replacement for displacement . The 308 smoked them and I’m looking bald AF in this rain .

[​IMG]

britx303, sanee, Triple X and 2 others like this.
  7. Resident Plarp

So uh - when you invitin' me down to kill some pigs?

I'm building an 8.6 BLK with an 8" barrel just for that type of activity (no way I'm shooting that until the silencer clears NFA jail).

8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Awesome pic Steak.....cool range vehicle.

9. Steak Travis

That’s on a small frame right ? I’ve got a lower that I don’t know what to do with

It would be fun to have a bunch of people out but it’s a family property so there are rules on guests and all the fun strings attached to shared family places :( because it’s truly Disney world for guys

RonR likes this.
  10. Resident Plarp

The last thing you need is a bunch’a random motorcycle racists showing up on your property with gunz and beerz. :D

As for the rifle, it’s The Fix from Q. I paid for that rifle a year ago and it finally showed up last month. It’s a 16” .308 and shoots really nice. 8lbs with a scope.

It’s become a Form 1 operation, as apposed to buying it as an SBR and waiting.

cbush likes this.
  11. BC

BC Well-Known Member

You got the 16" SFAR in win 308?

12. Ok, some of you with loads of experience and knowledge in fundamentals etc help me understand this.

I did one-handed shooting at 10 yards with each hand, going back and forth, 5 rounds with my right hand and 5 rounds with my left hand (which also helps me practice reloading with either hand, since the 17 rounds (X-Macro) will be finished in the middle of shooting with each hand.

Not rapid firing, but not going super slow either. Staying around/under 1 second per round.

E0EDB68D-DD31-4E98-A410-903DCDEBE158.jpeg

45B67C2C-30BF-47FB-96FC-7BCDCB536249.jpeg

The first picture is actually with my left hand. And That result is common when I do one-handed drills.

When only using one hand, I can actually shoot a little better with my left.

Why is that?

There has to be some physical/fundamental reason for it.

Is it because I am left-eye dominant?

When I draw, I always extend my arm(s) a little left of center. Rather than cocking my head, I have developed the muscle memory to naturally bring the gun over in front of my left eye.

Could me being left-eye dominant make me naturally shoot better with my left hand?

Or is it something to do with grip, trigger pull, etc?

13. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

I find when I shoot with my non-dominant hand I concentrate a bit more on fundamentals and sometimes have similar results as you.

Gorilla George and DucatiBomber like this.
  14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Is your grip stronger on the left from being more left-arm dominant in a, uh, certain activity?

15. Steak Travis

Yep

It’s my go to rifle now. Got 8 hogs with it and love how hard it hits. Never noticed recoil

britx303 likes this.
  16. Hmm, didn’t think about that. But that could explain it.

Triple X and DucatiBomber like this.
  17. :crackup:

No, my right arm is definitely dominant. I’ve never had any real damage to my right arm aside from a broken wrist that only needed a cast (no surgery).

I’ve had a total of 7 surgeries up and down my left arm, including rebuilding my elbow with parts from my hamstring.

brex likes this.
  18. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

I have also found this to be true for me.

Triple X and Gorilla George like this.
  19. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Clarify something for me Guys. What's the difference between a rifle chambered in 7.62 NATO and 7.62/308Win?

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

/308Win.....

Gorilla George likes this.