Anyone still get super choked up when you see a picture of Nicky?

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Jun 24, 2022.

1. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I sure do. Especially this one.

[​IMG]

six6two, SpeedyE, VFR#52 and 13 others like this.
  2. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Yes.

Go watch The Doctor, The Tornado, & The Kentucky Kid...

six6two, VFR#52, Pixelator and 4 others like this.
  3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

He's still the guy I rooted for the most. I'm still pissed he died pedaling a stupid bicycle...

SundaySocial, six6two, Phl218 and 8 others like this.
  4. long path/road

long path/road let's think about this!..??

I miss alot of them!! him I will say the most,Young man was nothing but heart !!

Attached Files:

5. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Not so much as choked up but wistful. I’m sad that he’s passed but grateful he was here. I can’t believe it’s been five years.

6. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

I was a avid supporter of Nicky. Admire the man and family, good people.
    His death to me is proof, do what you love. You don't know the day or time that will be your last.
    Do what you love you will have enough, don't and you will never be satisfied.

SpeedyE, scottn, 969 and 6 others like this.
  7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wow, I love this sentence.

sharkattack, _indy and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  8. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I remember that smile and how appreciative he was if you did something to help him and I smile. He was always a perfect gentleman.

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Miss hanging with him after the MotoGP races somewhere in the world. Always reminded him that I was from the USA and appreciated him and how well he represented the USA. The guy was 100% class. Tearing up just writing this... Nicky and Senna's passing affected me in different ways, but still tough to deal with to this day.

10. 418

418 Expert #59

Yup.

More than I should really. Never knew the guy.

That was the epiphany of life ain't fucking fair.

Guy should have rode out his career as an American legend and enjoyed the accolades.

11. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

That’s a picture of pure fatherly love, and a son who is so grateful for all the sacrifices his dad made for his family.
    While none of us are the fathers of MotoGP world champions, I’m sure in our own way we all make sacrifices, like Earl did, for our families.
    Yes, that’s one of my all time favorite pictures of the great Nicky Hayden.
    Much thanks for posting this.

12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I just want to say:

That image depicts more LIFE than 99% of us will ever experience in 80-something years of being.

13. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I see the fruitful dedication of a persuit greater than ourselves being captured on film. The pride of a dedicated loving father. And the gratitude of a young man who was encouraged to followed his dreams.

Things I hope to give my children because they were stripped from me by my parents.

14. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

It’s hard to believe it’s been 6 years. Still hurts.

418 and Pixelator like this.
  15. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

He's dirt tracking on me computer screen at home right now...

16. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Just...because.
    Nicky Hayden.png

six6two, VFR#52, bigtime and 8 others like this.
  17. USracer900

USracer900 Well-Known Member

I think that was at Laguna 2006, I was there with a couple buddies. Man, that pic does get me though. Why do the great ones have to go so soon?

VFR#52 and Razr like this.
  18. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

I've posted this somewhere before:

Mid Ohio, 2006. I was working grid for AMA. Nicky was there on break, hanging with Tommy and Roger Lee. Somehow I had the opportunity to say hi and that the championship was his for the taking, go get it!

Anyhow, one thing I witnessed will be with me the rest of my days. During lunch break, must've been Saturday, Nicky, Tommy, Roger, Jamie Hacking and Ben Spies were sitting in Hacking's pit box IIRC talking, joking around. I remember there was a break in the wall that went up to a gate in the fence. There was this little boy with his mother standing at the gate, hoping to get Nicky's attention for hopefully an autograph. Eventually Jamie nudges Nicky and nods towards the fence. Nicky immediately excuses himself and beelines up to the fence. He signs the kid's poster and hat, and poses with the kid for his mother to get a picture. Then he takes the camera, grabs someone from one of the crews and brings mom in for another pic. He talked to them for another minute or two. In the mean time, Tommy or Roger had run and grabbed a t-shirt for the kid. You'll never see a kid so happy!

SundaySocial, VFR#52, scottn and 7 others like this.
  19. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

He was a great ambassador of our sport. He’s inspired all of us , thankfully we just wanted to copy his riding style and not his hairstyles.:p

not that it matters , but that hugging pic I don’t believe is earl. Wasn’t it a crew chief or other team member.

@motion -
    Tell some stories ! Geez guy !

VFR#52 and motion like this.
  20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

You are right, that isn't Earl.