1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Careful what you say about motoamerica

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, May 20, 2023.

1. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

No shit ?! You’d know better than us .

wanderlust likes this.
  2. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

" In the rest of the world, people are thin-skinned and sensitive."

That's the f@#$ing problem.

5axis likes this.
  3. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

[​IMG]

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Yes.
    Is there still racing there?

5. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

CR750 and Sabre699 like this.
  6. Letitsnow

Letitsnow Well-Known Member

I was with you until this. I have never met someone that calls people a Karen, who didn't turn out to be a complete fuckin retard.

SteveThompson and brex like this.
  7. Greg ZX6R

Greg ZX6R Well-Known Member

Hey, in 1990 it was indeed the "Offshore Professional Tour". Chuck Norris, Al Copeland, Don Johnson etc. all racing Superboat class

Scout likes this.
  8. 418

418 Expert #59

I assure you I'm a stand up guy that corners low.

Trust me bro.

Letitsnow and TurboBlew like this.
  9. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Not any notable franchised racing I'm aware of.

10. Jed

Jed mellifluous

One of us! One of us!

I signed up for Old Man Lacrosse and Atlanta Lacrosse League's 35+ summer teams this year. After throwing around with a guy on the team we both agree it's the sticks and not our skill that are holding us back. :D

DaveK, I strung up a stick with Armormeash. It's a weird feeling. So light it feels like an unstrung head. No resistance when making the throwing motion w/o a ball. The pocket is so loose the ball swings under the rails. I may restring it as I suck and there are so many rows I'm sure I screwed up at least one of them and it's cockeyed at the bottom.

britx303 likes this.
  11. DJ Baker

DJ Baker Well-Known Member

I thought this thread was going to be about Gus Rodio's disparaging remarks about MA after they waited too long to Red Flag the first Twins Cup race at Barber and then didn't let him restart.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I have to find a new set up. Down to my last surgeon 10/500, throne mesh seems be to out of business and my crazy pocket is just too hard to string (strung to the inside, triangle top strings, crazy knots I can’t do, a braided shooter. . . F@ckin’ nightmare to string). No hold, you have to commit fully to shooting with it but it throws dimes. Snapped the handle and two heads I had like this are keyholing. I think I’m just going with an off the shelf stock set up or might go back to the OG CEO, I have a few of them around.

but that has to wait, got to do up two new setups for the kid for kollege. There goes almost $800. F@ck!

13. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

From Kevin Rodio fb

Update: MotoAmerica Race Control meeting after SSP race. They are sticking with: “not actively competing”. We Requested video, denied.

Video shows:

- Rain flag thrown followed by red flag shortly after.

- Our rider was already down in the gravel at the time the red flag was thrown.

- Our rider regaining composure after a high side and heading back to his bike to pickup and return to the repair or restart the race.

- We did not cause the red flag and we’re leading on the lap when the red flag for rain was issued.

- Our rider returns to pit to make necessary repairs….in which we did.

- Note- 2 other crashed riders who were sitting on the wall (NOT actively competing) WERE ALLOWED TO RESTART

To be continued….

Boom, Once a Wanker.. and DJ Baker like this.
  14. BC

BC Well-Known Member

In situations like this (unless there is a medical issue), MA should let the rider continue and figure it out later. Once they park someone, it can't be undone. However, they can easily remove someone from scoring after the fact.

15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That right there makes this whole thing a clusterfuck. Almost seems personal.

Boom, CRA_Fizzer, evakat and 3 others like this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He needs to stop worrying about them - I'm 99% sure they both went down after the red came out.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The issue is you then have someone who shouldn't be out there getting involved with riders who should be and affecting the outcome of their race.

418, Once a Wanker.. and MELK-MAN like this.
  18. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

MA flat out made poor call with regard to Gus Rodio. With as much doubt as there is with the timing of the red and interpretation of actively participating, he should have been allowed to restart. Mongos assertion about a rider that might get a dq later affecting the racing is much less egregious than not allowing a potentially eligible racer to participate. MA screwed up and appears to be not open to review or correction.
    On another note, I wish that the announcers would stop making a deal about Kayla being a female. I feel like it takes away from her racing credentials. She is where she is because she is a darn good rider with all of the skills both on and off the track to get the job done. Enough about her being a girl, I can tell that just by looking at her.

Boom, Gino230, VFR#52 and 3 others like this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, this is 2023, not 2003. You're not supposed to know by looking at someone.

969, VFR#52, Once a Wanker.. and 2 others like this.
  20. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Well you are wrong. I have a PHD in female gender appreciation.

969, VFR#52 and Once a Wanker.. like this.