1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Careful what you say about motoamerica

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, May 20, 2023.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Apparently motoamerica has gotten pretty petty and defensive. I posted a comment calling them out on some things they needed to improve on and boom I'm now blocked from the Facebook page.

Clearly someone got triggered. Pretty weak sauce. Guess the truth hurts....

KneeDragger_c69, 27 and MELK-MAN like this.
  2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Well what did you say?

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

F*()k MA.

ToofPic likes this.
  4. notbostrom

I don't even remember but it wasn't full retard or offensive but did call them out for being a pretty amateurish effort with the website and basic marketing 101

03RumbleBee, L1MTD, ToofPic and 3 others like this.
  5. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

It is pretty amateurish. The Live+ app is pretty annoying with the lack of organization for the race weekend videos. Plus the music choices and presentation always scream "speedtv circa 2004" to me.

Some of that can be forgiven due to budget, but the live+ organization cant actually cost all that much.

6. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

What is this
    What is this Facebook thing and how do I sign up?

fastfreddie, ToofPic and 27 like this.
  7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

They should be embarrassed by how shitty the live stream works.

8. BC

BC Well-Known Member

So you don't support them but think it's ok to go to their house and critique them.

There are other avenues to give you input other than publicly, on their page. You might get better results.

9. notbostrom

It was constructive criticism albeit a bit snarky but that's the point of social media. It's a 2 way street.
    If that's how it's supposed to work I guess bud light had to staff up pretty heavily to administer their page.

Most corporations objectively review negative comments to see opportunities to improve their product and as a compass to direct resources to prioritize pain points their customers are having. Others bury their heads in the sand and retaliate like a little bitch. I'm guessing they have some college intern administrating the Facebook page and my comments were outside of their safe space.

My level of fucks given is between zero and -1 as it took months for me to even realize they blocked me so zero net effect on my life but wanted to remind everyone that it is a dictatorship so if the MA Facebook page is important in your life take it for what it is don't dare suggest any improvements.

Last edited: May 20, 2023
  10. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I continue to give MA grace. We (America) are a small roadracing market, and I appreciate the fact we can even have live streams and apps. In general, I have minimal if any issues streaming races. Considering that even Dorna/motoGP have tech issues occasionally, I feel like MA does a good job.

There are all kinds of professional bitchers on FB telling MA they need more free streaming etc. It's annoying, and you may have been collateral damage to their social media management.

T_Hags, Nathey, Itey and 4 others like this.
  11. notbostrom

I agree and suspect this was not MA lashing out and moreso someone in the wrong role administering the social media. Funny thing is everything I called them out for has now been corrected or implemented on the website so clearly I wasn't off base LoL

12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Well if it still sucks, in your opinion, you obviously didn’t complain enough. Lol

fastfreddie likes this.
  13. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Did it work? Did you get the attention here that you wanted on the MA Facebook page?

So one of two things here. This is either a super old situation you are just now airing, or you're claiming a number of updates to the site have all been performed, tested and posted during a race/broadcast week. I feel like maybe we've landed in embellishment land.

ungwaha and Rebel635 like this.
  14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I find MotoAmerica productions difficult to watch. It's a shame because the racing is awesome.

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Perhaps that’s by design to drive more people to actually attend in person.

Was considering dragging the kids to the Elkhart round until I saw ticket prices…

Steeltoe likes this.
  16. notbostrom

I'm just now noticing I'm not able to access the MA Facebook page. It's the result of comments made months ago and yes over the past several months what I called them out for has been corrected.

I am not anti MA and my comments were not either.

This was simply a warning that any criticism, constructive or not shouldn't be posted on the Facebook page if you want to be able to access it the future. None of this has anything to do with racing or anything that occurs at the track or officials or rules etc etc

KneeDragger_c69 and VFR#52 like this.
  17. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Kids are free or they are just 12 unless they're shaving,,then hide em in the back under a blanket..

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

See, it’s information like THAT that should be readily found…

Que sera, MA. Que sera.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It’s their stage and if they don’t want you jumping up on it bareassed and windmilling your penis around to their crowd, that’s their right.

do I think they are right in chucking you out of their facegores for what you said you did? Not my gig, man but I haven’t chucked your dumb ass from here. :D

and facegores is ghey!

turner38 and TurboBlew like this.
  20. notbostrom

To sum up, this isn't earth shattering and frankly I'm not mad but I did find it funny so take all of this with a grain of salt

VFR#52 likes this.