1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helmet Comms - Anyone use them? Buy one?

Discussion in 'General' started by RS250Ape, May 11, 2023.

1. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

I know the Sena 30s were junk! the 20s are stellar. verdict still out on the 50's. Ski

2. OutOfSpec

OutOfSpec eccentric thousandaire

I have a packtalk slim, I used to really like it, but over my ~3 years of ownership, the play button has started to go off, and one click will register as multiple. The unit otherwise still functions just fine that I don’t really want to get rid of it, but it’s a real PITA when the play button is used for tactile control of things like play/pause/skip/back/turn on the radio, and half of the time my “skip track” press is registered as “switch to FM radio”. (Hey Siri works fine as a workaround, I’d assume OK Google works fine too, but still a real kludge if all I want to is pause or skip tracks) The slim is currently discounted on Cardo’s website, idk how common this issue is to say whether it’s still worth it or not.

I did just order a packtalk edge to replace the slim, haven’t used it yet, can report back if it’s any good/bad/different.

I have a 35% off code for regular priced Cardo items valid thru end of month if you/anyone wants?

3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

ZX4RR has Smatphone abilities. I have no idea what that means, just sayin'.
    :D

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

*Ding!*

Lights are on…

;)

fastfreddie likes this.
  5. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Oops. You’re right. I got the models wrong. I have a 20s now and it works perfectly.

There’s a thread on here about the 30s being junk.

skidooboy likes this.
  6. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

7. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Sena 50s has been great so far.

8. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I feel I have to add, early Senas were only water resistant. I've heard of many being killed by riding in the rain. Something to keep in mind if touring with them. I've been assured by some Sena loyalists the latest gen units are much better.

9. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

snow, rain, dust, mud, our sena 20s have been pretty flawless. Ski

SteveThompson likes this.
  10. BrentA

BrentA Very expensive.

Cardo Packtalk Slim here, and would also add that their customer service is A+.
    I had a unit fail after about a year and a half of everyday use commuting. Rain, Shine... any weather.
    The unit eventually failed to charge and power on.
    I reached out to Cardo, and they said just send it back to them. Once they got it, they sent me a new unit without any fuss.

Razr likes this.