1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite Knee Pucks?

Discussion in 'General' started by APCh8r, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Don't I remember years ago RRW did a puck shootout and they liked our Canadian friend John Bickle's the best ? He's still in business I'm pretty sure.

2. Chango

Chango Something clever!

He's probably still in business as I bought a set of Bickles last weekend when my trusty old Alpinestars' adhesive finally gave up and left a puck somewhere at Barber.

3. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

For our events sparks equal distraction so they're not legal.

stk0308 likes this.
  5. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

https://www.westsliders.com.au/

I am someone who really doesn't like when my knee touches. I find the feeling and the noise really distracting. Usually when my knee touches I will suck it back up to the fairing and try to keep it off the ground. However, some tracks, like Nelson Ledges you're cranked over one side at suck a high rate of speed that you don't really have a choice.. I destroyed a set of Alpinstars in 2 sessions here, and made it halfway through a set of super noisy ass Bison's during the rest of the day.

I have found that these West Slider pucks are the best for me. There is almost no noise when they touch, there is barely any sort of "buzzing or zinging" sensation in my leg and they glide over the tarmac very smoothly. I ordered two sets at the beginning of 2022 and I'm just now getting halfway through the 1st set. I usually spin and flip them around too so they wear evenly.

Between racing, coaching and track days, I am prolly on the track 30+ days a year.

The come from Australia and I don't think they have a US distributor anymore. Mine took just about a week to get. They tossed in a free reservoir sock and a shirt as well.

6. Michael J

Michael J Trackster and aspiring dirtbiker

I had a titanium swingarm pivot bolt the was a bit too long. It stuck out and tried to burrow itself into my boot. So I decided to cut it shorter. Holy crap is titanium hard to cut!! I went through 7 cuttoff wheels which each wore down to nothing. Hence I was thinking puck of Ti would be super. What it didn’t get was sparks, hmmm.

correctly stated i need to get less pressure on my knee. We have a long sweeper corner on the kart track where the bike is over for 7 - 8 seconds. Go faster by leaning more is the only option I have. So it eats pucks. Just like it does that same side of the tire. Yes, tires, gas, oil and and pucks are my main consumables fortunately.

Razr likes this.
  7. Michael J

Michael J Trackster and aspiring dirtbiker

Rather than leather, helmets and bodiwork..

Razr likes this.
  8. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

We are fans of the Klucky Pucks sold by woodcraft. Glide like butter and wear like iron.

Razr likes this.