1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Great first real watch!

I have my old Hamilton field watch I'm planning on giving my son.

thrak410 likes this.
  2. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Sorry crappy pic

Attached Files:

thrak410 likes this.
  3. Phl218

Phl218 .

JBraun, sanee, R1M370 and 3 others like this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's hilarious :D

vfrket likes this.
  5. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a guess about how many hundreds (thousands?!?!?) of dollars it might take to have a Speedmaster serviced if I take it to an AD to have it sent to Omega?

It stills keeps time pretty well but the "power reserve" is nowhere near what it used to be. If I don't wear it everyday she goes dead. But the SS sister that I bought a few years later will still go a couple of days without me wearing it.

It was a legit purchase so I have all of the documentation.

For reference:

6. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

For what its worth, I had my Seamaster GMT 50th Anniversary serviced/repaired back in 2021 (taken to an AD and sent to Omega). Basic service was $550. I also had the crystal replace for $125.

7. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Thanks. I am figuring that it might be a similar cost. Just trying to figure out if I should even bother with it.

Worse comes to worse I might just toss it in the trash (or Chem-Guy offers me tree-fiddy for it). :D

I'm just kidding about that last part but I am seriously considering a service if it's not too outrageously priced.

8. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I'll give you $3.50 for it, as it's clearly rubbish and doesn't live up to the high standards you've become accustomed to. :D

Not sure if you are in the US, or external, but I've got a great guy in Sacramento. Raimond is very good.
    https://www.paulswatchrepair.com/about-us/
    https://www.paulswatchrepair.com/overhaul/. <-- Rates here. You need to add $50 for the power reserve

He has done all the maintenance/repairs for almost all my Seiko Chrono collections. They all run flawlessly (no joke).
    https://www.instagram.com/p/COoE5h6rAVJ/

I did have my Omega Geneve Day/Date serviced by Omega in 2019(?)
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BqILtCklC-e/
    It was $500.

9. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

10. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Thanks for that link. I think that I can deal with it as-is for that kind of money. Both Speedmasters are in summer hibernation now anyway. I'm back to wearing my Seiko PADI diver exclusively until Labor Day. :D

11. ChemGuy

Good plan. Never wear Seiko after Labor Day....:D

12. diggy

diggy Well-Known Member

Haha, pulled the trigger and this beast showed up in 3 days. Packaged amazing with protective covers and comes with tools to shorten the bracelet. All in all really impressed!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Phl218, R1M370, HPPT and 5 others like this.
  13. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

lol Relax batman!

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Love it. If they make a deep sea blue I'm in :D

15. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Besides not having polished center links it actually looks pretty damn close.

16. ChemGuy

Closest I saw in their list. Its waterproof to almost 1meter...so close to a Deep Sea...:crackup:

[​IMG]

R1M370 and Phl218 like this.
  17. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

One wonders whether their mistake in dimensional analysis (0.9 m does not equal 3.27 ft., even on the moon) is on purpose.

Phl218 likes this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Given everything else they're doing that is hilarious I'm going yes.

19. diggy

diggy Well-Known Member

They are rated at full 100m water resistance, but yes the face "hand wash certified, 3.28ft = .9m" is for humor!

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

i think it's pretty hard to make (buy) watch parts that are not rated to 10 m at least.