1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Jedb likes this.
  2. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

The Max Bill are nice too, but I'm really liking the Meister Handaufzug, the Meister Classic, this Meister Handaufzug, and the Meister Handaufzug Terrassenbau (but I don’t like the gator strap). I’d take any of those three with the darker strap that of the Meister Classic.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2023
  3. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

4. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

What is the word with Tissot ? Saw a couple pics of some that caught my eye. Didn't know if they are any good.

5. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I'm personally not a Tissot fan, but that's just a style preference, not a mark against their value.
    I have seen that the PRX has gotten quite a bit of good press recently.
    https://www.tissotwatches.com/en-en/tissot-prx.html

Again, not my style, but based on the limited information you've put forth, you should get the quartz, so you don't have to worry about re-setting the time if you aren't wearing it for an extended period.

6. Jedb

ChemGuy likes this.
  7. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

8. Jedb

JBraun likes this.
  9. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Wow. What a selection. That Datograph is gorgeous, the Milgaus is ridiculous, and the bedazzled Daytona made me puke in my mouth.

10. Jedb

11. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I got a kick in the nuts the other day. I get a call from my AD….’hey, Randy…it’s Jen. Just wanted to know if you still had interest in a Daytona. Give me a call’. I call her up and say ‘Hey, Jen…Yes! I’ll take it. What color is it?’. She says, ‘Oh, we didn’t get one. We were just going through our list and wanted to know if you still wanted to be on it’. :mad:

12. wera313

wera313 Well-Known Member

The Explorer II "Who Dares Wins" is pretty darn cool in that auction

13. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Damn. What a clock tease.

worthless and Phl218 like this.
  14. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Pics of Jen?

15. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Meh…not worth it. Unless she delivers and then she’s a goddess.

16. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

I have an all stainless as a daily. It’s been great. It sees a fair bit of abuse, I rarely take it off during the day. My local jeweler can replace the battery for a few bucks in a few days but he can’t do the seal/pressure testing for water resistance. Sending it to Tissot for service cost around $160 last time I sent it in. Turn around time was 6 about weeks both times I’ve sent it to them for service.

17. long path/road

long path/road let's think about this!..??

compass and sundial work very well for me. 320$ yr for battery replacement problems being water proof? plus cost of watch.. I'll take my chances... silver and gold every 6 months..

18. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

So we had my son's 18 birthday party Saturday and went with this. He absolutely loves it. :) Over the last month or two I've tossed different ideas at him and he didn't want a chrono or anything with a busy face. The two different blues on the dial are very striking in person.

It looks a touch big on him, but he'll grow into it. Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic on bracelet. This should serve him well for many years.

Attached Files:

19. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

That's so funny. I'm getting my jazzmaster sized the wife got me for my birthday today.

ChemGuy and thrak410 like this.
  20. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Nice!! Which one did you get?