1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit Bull Rear Stand - Anyone tried to refinish one?

Discussion in 'General' started by RS250Ape, May 5, 2023.

1. KrashBandit

KrashBandit The other guy at Pit Bull

They look pretty good(not new) when refinished, but that red corrosion is going to be a thing even after replating. Shipping is the killer on refinishing stands, but if you're ever heading to Barber or just driving down I-65, we're about 25 minutes down I-565 from 65 if you exit there. You could drop the stands off, and we could ship back to you. You could pick them back up on your way back through. We just need a day or two to strip them and work them in.

Attached Files:

G2G, G Dawg, Pride & Joy and 6 others like this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I still have one someone gave me to get to you.... Can't remember who and still haven't done it but hey, it's only been a few years...or five....

3. KrashBandit

Well played. They have probably purchased a new stand by now. This is how we keep selling stands:)

4. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

Looks like I've got a great reason to go to Barber!
    Thanks for the reply George. AND the official Pit Bull email replies too.

5. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Ahem

6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

It's nice to see that Pit-bull still has the best customer service.

Pixelator likes this.
  7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Don't be "that guy".

8. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

That would be me…and I even brought you a pecan pie to mid Ohio a few years ago :crackup::crackup:

YamahaRick likes this.
  9. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Ahem... I was the first to suggest this, post #6 to be exact but...

:Poke::whoosh::D

Ski

10. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Something I've legit wondered about Pit Bull. How do they stay in business? Businesses selling consumables makes sense for obvious reasons - gasoline, tires, brakes. Gets used and replaced. These stands last forever. The TRS systems as another example. There's only so many R6 racers, thus only need for so many R6 pins. As guys come and leave the sport, they sell off their old stuff. So, for much of these products, they "stay in the paddock", so to speak. Sure, I could see some guys losing pins, or perhaps leaving plates in a toy hauler that's sold to a non motorcycle/track guy. Figure some assumed loss of old trailers/RV's and such, but it can't be that much. At least, not at much as their products that get resold over and over again.

I was a big initial [buying] customer - I bought 3 TRS's and several sets of stands my first few years in the sport. But I haven't really bought anything since, because this stuff will be around long after we're gone. :D

11. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

street riders and new track/racers often buy new. people buy multiple bikes and need more stuff. then you'd want the tire wedge, side stand jacks, wall mounted racks for stands, etc. there is always something to buy

Razr and skidooboy like this.
  12. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

Found this little write up on AL.COM from2018. Cool little read.
    https://www.al.com/business/2018/09/alabamas_pit_bull_motorcycle_s.html

They're International!
    " Huntsville-based Pit Bull Products Inc. now sells 10,000 to 15,000 stands a year to riders in Russia, Japan and Italy — and a lot in Australia."

And now I like these guys even more: "We believe that your stand should last forever," the company website says, "because if it breaks, it's likely that your bike is on the stand when it happens."

Banditracer likes this.
  13. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Every bike I have sold has a stand that goes with it. I just buy new ones.

Razr likes this.
  14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Don't start with me.

Aluminum should always be raw, brushed.

Carbon should always be raw, glossed.

Everything else, black. This is not up for debate.

15. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Cracka a$$ racist. Always wanting the black stuff to do his work.:D

Dont you have some sets to break or dancer feet to ogle?:D

Steeltoe likes this.
  16. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Now the seats are all empty, let the roadies take the stage. Pack it up, and tear it down.

Ski

Razr likes this.
  17. KrashBandit

I thought the same thing when I started working here 22 years ago. Figured there's no way we'd keep selling motorcycle stands for long. Luckily people sell their stands with the bike sometimes, people get new bikes that they want stands for, etc. The Trailer Restraint also helped since it was a whole new product and didn't compete with our original products(except the wheel chock).

I was talking with my neighbor and the guys from MNNTHBX recently and got Charlie to design us an axle slider kit that fits the Honda Groms but facilitates the use of our standard Grom TRS pin kits without having to remove the sliders. They worked out well so hopefully that's just the start to a product line of "consumable" parts. If not, the stands and TRS have continued to sell for longer than I thought they would - I'm sure they'll keep us going.

Razr and RS250Ape like this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: I remember the pie!!!

19. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

To be fair, that was an Amish baked pie so they are definitely going to be delicious. Now, how about getting that stand taken care of for me and bringing it to Nelson’s? I’ll bring you another pie upon delivery :crackup:

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll try...

Anyone going near Huntsville from the Cycle Jam? :D