1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2023 Supercross Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Once a Wanker.., Jan 5, 2023.

Tags:
  1. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Can you expand upon that statement as from what I watched and read in follow up - it wasn't a mistake - he didn't crash, his tendon popped doing something he'd done literally a million times before. It (Achilles) just finally cried uncle.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  2. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

He faced the jump? Wasnt that covered by Carmichael,and the video camera? Did you watch the race?

younglion likes this.
  3. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Roczen has very limited options unless he gives up his Red Bull sponsorship. It's why HEP had to create a completely separate team for him.
    Roczen shot himself in the foot at Honda. Gave up on races a couple years in a row, showed he doesn't have the heart to fight for a title. KTM and Gas Gas are about the only other place he could go, and why would they take him when those teams have young riders they can put resources behind? KTM is already bogged down with Marvin until he wants to finally let go due to them giving him the factory ride until he doesn't want it anymore in exchange for him helping Dungey. They don't want to run three bikes as it is, but have to.
    It's not that MX pays less, it's that he wants to race WSX and just concentrate on SX style courses.

Circacee likes this.
  4. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Over-jumped the first hit, landed hard, you can see the ankle flex badly, almost to the point of his toes touching the front of his ankle. in brand new Tech 10 boots, that would be nearly impossible, without a catastrophic, ankle failure. In today's video post, he said, he landed long, and has done it before, and even landed harder but, this time, the tendon popped.

I actually called it after I saw the first replay. I said out loud, it looked like an achilles failure. only because I have saw, heard about them via friends, cycle incidents. Ski

younglion likes this.
  5. skidooboy

Look at the contracts, and payout purses... Yes, MX pays less per round. plus it is 2, 30 minute moto's, plus a lap, in the outdoor heat, elements. not a short heat, then a 20 minute plus a lap moto, like SX.

I think he redeemed himself a little this year, on the bike, and the title hunt. he is still there for top 3-5, season standings. Ski

5axis and Circacee like this.
  6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

That's not the point. The point is it has nothing to do with money. He doesn't want to.
    Nobody said it doesn't pay less, you like to point out the most obvious things that are known to everyone.
    It isn't the point. Reading comprehension.
    Roczen will always cave, he will not be in the SX title hunt the next three years on the Suzuki. How's that for something obvious?

7. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Spoken like a true acolyte. :D

ToofPic likes this.
  8. skidooboy

OK Karen.

Ski

9. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Had to go look that word up :crackup:

10. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

450 looks, points-wise, to be a snoozer...Sexton takes 1st, Eli the Bridesmaid and whether Roczen scores a win or 2 points he's 3rd...

Hoping like hell the 250s brighten the night with the Lawrence brothers out there fighting...I hope... East/West shootouts always make me wonder which coast is harder competition-wise.

11. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Still the possibility of Jett riding a 450 tomorrow. Honda 1 - 2 in the big bike class is better than in the 250 class. Who’s willing to bet that Jett can’t beat at least Kenny, and perhaps lead laps before letting Chase by to win?

Bloodhound likes this.
  12. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Plessinger is riding, so that's nice. Maybe the podium will be slightly different. Haven't seen anything yet today that looks like Jett will be on a 450, walked past the Honda setup looking for a 450 with an 18, but they also may be keeping it under wraps since it's just media day and not real practice.
    So many 250 west guys out, RJ is about the only one left other than Jett. I'd love to see Shimoda take bitchy boy deegan out on the way to a victory.
    It's another Tomac kind of layout with the long start and whoops, but the rest of the course is tight and small like all of them are in this shit stadium. Still just so surreal to not have him riding for the title tonight.

13. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

PulpMX this week said HRC considered putting Jett and Hunter into the 450 class but on 250s for the final round. That would be interesting.

Bloodhound, brex and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

That would be interesting for sure.

15. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The brothers rode the 250 practice, not in the 450 practice at all.

16. brex

brex Well-Known Member

About as anticlimactic as it could be. Roczen's knee injury was another one of those strange racing incidents this year. Hope it was just a tweak and his big gap to WSX is plenty of time for it to heal.
    Plesinger was fun to watch, nice to see him on the podium.
    He's a podium contender, an excellent rider, but having a field devoid of all but a couple big names is sad to see.
    The 250 race was fun with the slick course, Hunter having to fight through with very few passing areas.
    The 250 field had lost so many riders over the season as well. Wanted to see Shimoda on the box, but having little boy bitch finish where he belongs behind the remaining Star Yamaha riders is always nice too.
    Over all just a meh event to end the season, other than the constantly changing weather. But that's expected around here this time of year.

17. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

wow Sexton out now for unknown amount of time. Attrition with a capital A this year

18. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Wow. He was so durable in SX this year too.

I was really looking forward to outdoors this year but with most of the top guys out in 450s, my interest has waned. Maybe Webb can win some races when Jett is off.

19. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Webb out at KTM. I assume he's going to Star.

Havent watched much of outdoors since it's been the Jett show. Really curious to see how SX goes.

20. skidooboy

betting sexton goes to ktm. honda only has so much room at the 450 level. hunter will race 250 again in sx but, he will be on a 450 come next summer. Ski