1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beet Root Juice

Discussion in 'General' started by In Your Corner, May 5, 2023.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

upload_2023-5-6_8-49-47.jpeg

Phl218 likes this.
  2. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Back 10 years ago when I was cycling alot and racing MTB, I tried beet juice and beet juice powder as it was supposed to help performance. If I remember correctly, I tried MRM beet powder as well as a couple liquid concentrates. Sorry, I can't remember the names now. I'm not sure I noticed any performance gain, maybe some. But I do know others that swore by it.

ToofPic likes this.
  3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

4. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I've used superbeets stuff off and on for a while. It's not something you take and your feel like a hero. It helps with circulation and getting oxygen to your cells. I've used it to ride and run longer. I found it when I was doing 3 hour MTB races. I can't say how much it helped, but if you plan on riding and race pace for 3 hours, you try some things. I podiumed in those races, so maybe it worked.

Last edited: May 8, 2023
  5. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

*Podium....

I used the same thing in my smoothies a while back. Can't definitively say whether I could tell a difference or not.

I was also taking a Nitric Oxide booster, which has a similar effect. That was one supplement that you could definitely feel the effects of.

stickboy274 likes this.
  6. Greg ZX6R

Greg ZX6R Well-Known Member

You don't try to negotiate with ol' Beetroot. That's all I have.

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Isn't the main benefit the nitric oxide boosting? Just take citrulline malate powder.

E Reed likes this.