1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2023 entry fees for CCS?

Discussion in 'General' started by DmanSlam, May 2, 2023.

Tags:
  1. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Also if a racer signs up “late” and pays the $125, then decides “you know what, I do want to do that extra race or two on Sunday,” they are dinged another $125. Therefore less racers will sign up for extra races. Footgun

KneeDragger_c69 and MELK-MAN like this.
  2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Damn and I thought Mongo was trying to kill roadracing.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  3. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

For those of us in the Mid-Atlantic area, we have no choice but to race CCS if we want to stay local. When I started racing in 2010 there were 3 WERA rounds at my local track (Summit Point), but now we only have 1.

I don’t care for their culture or atmosphere in CCS - I’m a WERA guy all the way, but I also like to be able to drive an hour to go racing vs. 5-12 hours for Pitt, RA, Barber, etc.

I was planning to do a few rounds with them, but that $125 fee kinda irks me as well. Might have to reconsider.

SuddenBraking and MrGooch like this.
  4. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Mongo, why is it WERA doesn't have more mid atlantic rounds? Just curious, attendance, lack of available dates at the tracks, schedule conflicts with other regions races? With VIR, Summit and NJMP (and maybe lump in Pocono) all in close proximity to one another in major metro markets, and track days being jammed packed with every organizer I've ridden with, you have to think the ridership, or potential, is there. If CCS is pissing off it's membership, maybe opportunity is knocking.

5. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Yes I have seen conflicting information. I rather post 2 weeks instead of 10 days in case someone uses what they read as a guide and end up having to pay extra.
    This is a post on their FB page. upload_2023-5-4_8-13-42.png

Yeah its a tough one, I kinda understand what they are trying to do, I dont think it is the best idea, but I also dont have any other better solutions. First round at autobahn this year we actually had flurries, grids were so small, GTO had 4 riders, 1 expert and 3 am.

I will probably just skip an extra round this year to save money and continue to sign up late.
    Its too bad, here in Chicagoland there is only CCS if you want to race.

6. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

When I raced WERA back around 05-07... the North East region was great for me... PittRace (BeaverRun), Summit, Nelson Ledges... those tracks alone had like 2 rounds each a season.
    But the racer turnout was lacking... and WERA pulled out from there mostly.

Michael Hausknecht likes this.
  7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Wera should do a small north east series like 4 races. Could tie it in with existing races they already have like summit and Pitt race.

8. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

i'm much further north than you, but will travel to ride. with all the crap happening with CCS, it was a no brainer to not register with them

9. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

And the one Expert fell off 15' out of pit lane..

It's me.. I am that eXpErT...

First crasher of the Midwest Season!! woot wooooot. Where's my trophy?

10. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

I think one of the more frustrating things about his rule is that if you didn't sign up for Round 2 of the "Midwest Region" championship BEFORE Round 1 was even over, then you got hit with the $125 fee...

As well as that fee being $125 if you signed up for 863 races or just ONE.

Followed up with if you pay your late fee to race just Saturday and then decide you kind of want to race Sunday too... It's another $125.. (from what I have gathered) TBH, if this is the policy going forward, I got no problem skipping the rest of the CCS Midwest stuff this season... My original plan was to run CCS and WERA in parallel with each other, sacrificing one round each (this weekend sacrificing Grattan so I can race Pitt and a CCS round for a WERA round later in the season..)

Instead, I think I'll just try to run some more WERA National rounds on top of North Central schedule...... I still haven't been to Barber, or Road Atlanta..

11. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

So you still won the race? haha

Yeah many people seem unhappy with this, if I had to guess, it will get changed at some point.

12. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

I never liked blackhawk so my brother and I just made the drive east to race with WERA. I even liked Nelson in the pre repave era.
    BHF is only a hour away for me.

969 likes this.
  13. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

If you're willing to make the drive, the TrackAddix events are great. Essentially a track day with two races at the end of the day. There's a 400cc lightweight race and then everything else race. It's a lot of track time for the price.

14. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

$20 late fee per race seems reasonable to me. The one weekend I did with CCS, I did two races, but could have done four total as it was a double header weekend. That would net them $80 for the weekend if I raced Sunday. Less than $125, but I doubt the grid would bat an eye at $20 a race and it wouldn't deter riders from even showing up.

15. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

i'd expect a very low turnout if the weekend has 50% chance of rain, as not many will pay the $125 fee to show up if it doesnt rain.
    i think summit memorial weekend had just under 1300 entrees last year. curious what it'll be this year

16. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

It seemed like Blackhawk always had a chance of rain 10 days out last time I rode there consistently lol.

17. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Only during racing season lol

I dunno maybe club racing is just dieing in general? Gas $$ just to get to the track is way up.

18. Itey

Itey Well-Known Member

Actually compared to last year when diesel was over 5.50, Im super happy its currently around 3.60ish

19. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Last couple years for me has been I'll go if my back and or the gout in my ankles isnt flaring up. Kind of hard to know if its gonna flare up 2weeks before an event.

jonathanp and Shenanigans like this.
  20. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

New ccs will die a slow death. The fact that they went out of their way to exclude the 565s tells me they are beholden to a small group of butthurt mid packer's who have enough money to matter now but will jump ship when the next group puts together the perfect rules package to finally get them on the podium.

Shenanigans and GixxerBlade like this.