1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2ND GEN SV650 SUPERBIKE TAIL OPTIONS

Discussion in 'General' started by Superchikn996, May 3, 2023.

1. Superchikn996

Superchikn996 Well-Known Member

Hello.
    I'm getting close to finishing my project bike an 06sv built for track only use.
    It will be a naked bike with mx style bars and more upright seating.
    Curious what different tail sections from other makes and models will work on the oem subframe with cutting and mods?
    I know of the ghetto customs and the standard sv race stuff, but would like something with a minimalist look to it.
    If anyone has something really neat to recommend, or for sale would be great.
    Thanks in advance.

SundaySocial likes this.
  2. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

I have a late 90's GSXR tail on my Gen1. Its not a SBK style tail though, but a GSXR one from closer to yours shouldnt be much work.

Superchikn996 likes this.
  3. Superchikn996

Thanks I was just looking at lwt racers website with his having the 17up tail, that is a def possibility.

4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Ghetto Customs all the way…. B464507E-97EF-4A2C-BEAE-AFF8C9A9BF16.jpeg

5. Superchikn996

Good looking bike! Is that a filler panel at the bottom sides , or is painted that way?

6. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

It's painted that way. It's all one piece that covers up the ugly SV subframe.

Superchikn996 likes this.
  7. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

I installed a '17-on GSXR1000 tail section on mine. Look up Ulterior Moto on youtube for some input on installing it.
    It was a little more work than I anticipated. You can't use the stock inner fender/battery box and you will have to make some sort of brace to support the back of the tail. I made a battery box and aft support out of sheet metal.
    20230406_171850resize.jpg

8. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I've seen a Ducati 748 vented OEM tail on a GenI if that helps. Belonged to a BBS-er whose name does not come up with a member search, Lt.Drebin(?).

9. Superchikn996

Thanks that looks good. How's the seating position vs stock with that?

10. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

I don't have a SB tail so it uses the stock seat.