1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Electric Car Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Apr 27, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

my neighbor has a seperate meter for his sprinkler system... he uses something like 1200 gallons a month of municipal water for his lawn. We get about an inch of rain per week average... which again why pay for something nature is providing??

tony 340 likes this.
  2. sdg

sdg *

It never did.

3. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

@zertrider Nobody was offended, but when you spout absolute bullshit like this:

"Oh, were you offended by someone wanting to lower their cost to live their life?"

That's like saying commuting on a Ducati will be cheaper than your car.

I own 2 Ducati's, a Monster 821 and a Panigale V4S. Their complete PIGS on gas.

I'm on board with Hybrids....on my second one now. As stated before, I feel capturing energy that would be lost to make a gallon of gas last longer is smart engineering.
    I paid 30K for my Ford Fusion Hybrid and had it 188,000 miles. Based on TOTAL cost of the vehicle purchase, and gas I consumed, I could have had that car for about 400,000
    miles before I spent enough money to pay for just a Model 3. That doesn't include any charging fees, adapters to be compatible with other charging services. If you buy one Tesla
    and drive it the rest of your life, maybe you come out even versus a gas engine car.

4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I've had a bunch of these electric cars over the years
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2023
  5. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Those are a blast but the places to use them are few and far between nowadays

Kids would rather stare at their phone now

6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Is anyone else thinking some circuitous pavement needs to be laid there for the further development of two-wheeled ICE vehicles?

Gorilla George and chobes like this.
  7. sdg

sdg *

Seriuos lack of runoff

8. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

No risk, no reward.

Gorilla George, sdg and crashman like this.
  9. fastfreddie

There's plenty of runoff relative to Pikes Peak, Irish RoadRacing, Isle of Man, Macau...
    You'll not want to visit it while navigating "the course", but it's there - not that I would necessarily call it runoff. :D

sdg likes this.
  10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

My wife always gets annoyed when I want to wander in to the local Tesla dealership (it is in a trendy shopping / restaurant area area) and discuss the claim of zero emissions...:crackup:

11. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Finally a track layout where the runoff is designed to keep water off the racing surface.

sdg and fastfreddie like this.
  12. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

And as this is an "EV" thread, get the EVs out there on the track so they learn what a motorcycle is...

13. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Fellow BBSers, introducing @fastfreddie Motorsports Park:

Fast_Freddies_Motorsports_Park.png

onenut, TurboBlew, YamahaRick and 6 others like this.
  14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

15. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

The moneymakers are SUV/trucks

They just have to fool the buyers a little bit better

Rebel635 likes this.
  16. fastfreddie

I am starting to like the RAM TRX quite a bit. I know, right? A bed that's only 5'7"...HERESY!

There is still my hesitance to have a bunch of nanny features included so, the base model would do me just fine. Can't see making any changes to it, either.

Help me, Tom Cruise! It's an automatic! :D

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Hey, I picked up a junker Eff one fiddy with the 5.5’ bed, and I haven’t stuck anything in the back of it that wouldn’t fit…

StaccatoFan and fastfreddie like this.
  18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

[​IMG]

19. fastfreddie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.