1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Electric Car Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Apr 27, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Sounds like a recipe for tragedy.

PSA: Never go in the water at a marina. You never know whose boat is leaking voltage from shore power.

2. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

The only way this move to EV's makes any sense at all is if there is a large scale shift to nuclear power. Unfortunately that is being blocked by the uninformed hand wringers that are scared of something they do not understand and are too lazy to research. If there was as much funding and fast tracking done in the nuclear sector as has been pissed away with so called renewables we would have more power than the country could use. I can hear the excuses already. "But Fukushima..." "But Chernobyl..." "Nuclear waste":rolleyes: Wind and solar are nothing but expensive gimmicks with a very questionable ROI but they are the flavor of the month for "environmentalists" due to the fact that most of the pollution generated during manufacture is in someone elses back yard.

SundaySocial, CRA_Fizzer, 418 and 4 others like this.
  3. 27

27 Well-Known Member

and Germany just took all of theirs offline last week... you know for progress and the environment

4. fastfreddie

Wouldn't it be nice to know what Nikola's papers had to say about drawing energy directly from Earth itself?

tony 340 likes this.
  5. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Lol, not even sure that is possible with the grounding on my dock structore.

Check out a boat line called voltari

Also as economics comes into play and demand for gasoline goes down the price should also which will make EV look even more dumb.

I'm sure the US gubbermint will manipulate the price to fit their agenda.

People bitch about oil company profits and are completely clueless the government makes more per gallon than the oil companies do.

Capitalism worked fine for 1000s of years until politicians started changing it.

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

For perspective, that's less than one inch of rain on my 20 acre plot.

7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Ya. Isn't that some dumbfuckery... Good for me though as I work towards closing out a career in the oil industry.:crackup:

Str8-Lurkin and 27 like this.
  8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Think that might come back to haunt them ? :crackup:

Dumbasses.

Phl218 and 27 like this.
  9. fastfreddie

It's not the marina's/dock's facilities leaking voltage, it's the boat itself leaking voltage through hull fittings and/or propulsion systems due to faulty onboard grounding and/or improper wiring.

If you ever get in the water and it feels like you're touching an electric fence...

10. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

11. v42168

v42168 Well-Known Member

12. auminer

Good idea.

130000 metric tons of lithium produced in 2022.

500000 gallons of water per ton.

65 billion gallons. Holy shit! You convinced me!

Until I calculated that that was less than 20 minutes worth of the average flow rate of the Amazon.

13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

if you really want something to rage about with Lithium look at what your tax dollars did to Evo Morales in Bolivia... then what his people did to fix it... there is a Right way, American greed is not it as I’m sure we all agree

Phl218 likes this.
  14. auminer

:beer::bow::beer::bow::clap:

27 likes this.
  15. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

I am curious though if the water "used" in lithium mining can ever be reused for anything or if it becomes toxic waste and is effectively taken out of the water cycle. If that is the case then it is a significant amount of water.

16. sdg

sdg *

The legitimate mining operations are pretty good about water re-use.

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

Never parked on one.

they sure are closer to exits but i couldn’t tell on the width.

18. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Fortunately the amount of water turnover for the atmosphere and our large water bodies is fast and frequently, or the world would already be in a bad spot.

19. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Lithium mines pump mineral rich water into evaporation ponds. After the water is gone, the lithium is processed from the solids.
    Map Silver Peak, NV, which is the site of the largest lithium mine in the US. You'll see how large the ponds are.

20. Oh STFU. I wasn't offended by shit.

In Your Corner likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.