1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I have a Datejust 41. It’s big, but probably still considered dress(y). I don’t think I’ve ever seen a 45mm dress watch other than some crazy high complications.

I would definitely buy a Tag Heuer from Joma. I, personally, prefer to buy from the AD in order to leverage all of my purchases to get preference for hard to acquire models.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Any decent stainless will always work as a dress watch. Screw the purists :crackup:

I can't do the thin/small case with a leather band. Just looks dumb on my wrist no matter what I'm wearing. If I'm dressing up it's dads watch back on the stainless band from the nato or my Hamilton stainless or a Citizen I have with a white face - if I ever put the new capacitor in it.

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  3. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I get it. I just want a good,nice watch. Guess I should of worded it, something I can wear to a wedding and or a causal dinner with friends. Usually I have a g shock or something thats got grease in every seam due to work.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Like they said above, Citizen or Hamilton - well within the price range, look great and will be perfect for what you want. I'd go for the stainless as I said.

5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

What Mongo said. Stainless unless you are of Persian descent and own gas stations and BMWs then you have to buy yellow gold.

what’s the budget again? Lots of nice seiko presage or hammys well below $1,000

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  6. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I have a mens tag heuer, kirium stainless with original box and papers and links I'll ship to your door (48 states) for 450

Also have the first edition Tissot T touch that came out around 2004ish all original box papers etc. as well. Same price.

DM for pics

7. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Take a look at Island Watch and their own brand.

8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

9. assjuice cyrus

1k budget area

10. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Check out the Longines quartz models.

11. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

The Tag was purchased from them 12 years ago. Looking at an Omega now and wasn't sure how to feel about Joma these days. And to be honest, had I been the one to buy the Tag back then, I may not have gone through Joma

12. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Attached Files:

13. assjuice cyrus

14. assjuice cyrus

15. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

Man, I just had to come in here, didn't I ... faack me. After seeing the pic Jedb posted on the prior page re dress watch, I suddenly have an itch for a Junghans Meister. I don't know much about the brand. Are Junghans decent watches?

16. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Citizen makes quality watches so I would not be worried about them. At the end of the day buy what makes you happy. If you go deep into watch websites you'll find all types of salty people and brand shaming. Just do you and be happy.

Be aware however the Eco Drives do have a battery so eventually it wont hold a charge... but your probably looking at 15 years before that happens.

KCFirebolt likes this.
  17. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Ecodrive batteries can usually be replaced for about $50. That's what I did with my Seiko Sloar.

18. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

very solid company and if you like bauhaus designs they are a strong contender with Nomos, design wise.

Their MaxBill line is pretty well respected

Gecko likes this.
  19. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Gecko likes this.
  20. Said it once and I’ll say it again, very hard to beat the great value of a Hamilton. Jonashop has sales on them (more than their usual “sale price”) quite often.

SteveThompson likes this.