1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica - Round One - Road Atlanta 04/21-23

Discussion in 'General' started by motodog650, Apr 5, 2023.

1. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Nice video by Josh.

2. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

The first time I saw the video of the last lap, I thought holy shit he had no front brakes. See the replay and video confirms this. Everyone is lucky to make it out of that incident in one piece. Let’s hear all the haters run their mouths some more about what a pos Josh is after seeing this video and getting Cameron’s side of the story.

3. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Speaking only for myself, I certainly don't think Herrin is a POS. His riding just seems to find controversy about 3 standard deviations out....

Nathey and fastedyamaha like this.
  4. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

I received my variety pack tonight, so I will try one tomorrow and let you know. They come in a pretty impressive package.

5. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Still a hater here. He could have explained it w/o saying how great he is over and over. This time, he was very lucky. Very, very lucky. Had the #6 rider not stood up a bit, there would have been massive contact.

6. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Good video from Josh, I was on the Herrin hatewagon after the Escalante incident but that dude can ride. He's great for the sport, doesn't just mumble sponsor BS on the podium.

I hope the rest of this season is as exciting.

grapemustard likes this.
  7. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

But..But..Wheres the Daytona/Escalante 16 minute frame by frame break down of that shit move? Again...a victim.No one has a problem telling your midget ass to your face you make shitty decisions.Grow up,take responsibility for your actions,and stop the crying .I don't think anyone is worried about negative comments feeding your success.That was a good one!:crackup: Keep that youtube wheelie page open,its gonna support you sooner than later:crackup:

8. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

The GSP and Hall County Sheriff's officers were randomly enforcing the 'no outside alcohol allowed rule, I heard.

9. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Where? I am looking through it right now and they dont have the 3 podium place riders sitting down in a room letting press ask them questions for 15 minutes anywhere.

10. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

So, I got no hate for any of these professional racers. I find it odd that one of them seems to have controversy swirling around him quite often. Daytona now Atlanta...:rolleyes: (not going back any further)

Hope the next round that ends and we all go back to our armchairs satisfied :Pop:

Dragginass likes this.
  11. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

And it wouldn't have been his fault, IMO.

12. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I'm in the following camp:
    1) Herrin made an inopportune pass at Daytona (though completely legal, IMO)
    2) Herrin rode his ass off on that V4R (maybe better than some seasoned vets have done in the past few years)
    3) Herrin didn't remotely cause the bump at T9 last weekend
    4) Herrin did a great job of threading the needle at T10 (and CB did great to hesitate and allow the opening)

Overall, I'm stoked about this season of MA SBK. Awesome riding by all those guys at the front.

JJJerry, Monsterdood and grapemustard like this.
  13. I’ve always liked Josh as a person and respect his skill as a rider. He’s always treated me well and is always very appreciative of things I’ve done. That being said there has been many times where I question his ability to use common sense both on and off the track. This video was something that I think a company like Ducati would approve of and appreciate vs doing wheelies on the street. I thought it was a great video and I like the fact that he took the time to explain things that racers may all understand but that average fan most likely has no clue about.
    That incident was scarey as hell both in the kink and T10, stars were aligned on that one with everyone waking away.

14. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I would like to see what he could do on a Yamaha. Even with all of the grumbling about Rocco, If you go watch Q1 and see those laps, you can't help but be impressed. I have always said Gagne looks to be about 3 seconds ahead of the bike when he rides, and Rocco looks the same way. Watching him in that first split (T1-T6) is insane, I do believe he would have gone faster if the bike had not started spitting fluid. He did those 2 fast laps in Q1 without a draft, and he's not a small guy.

Little F*cker

15. grapemustard

grapemustard Well-Known Member

salty as fuck.

lopitt85 likes this.
  16. Itey

Itey Well-Known Member

I was pitted next to Josh and his family all weekend in the RV lot. Super nice and respectful family that were more concerned about not bothering the people around them than anything.

17. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Jesus... man that must make life tough drinking all that haterade.

18. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

I didn't take his comments as him stating how great he is. I took his comments as I believe he intended them to be heard.....making a clear distinction between his level of racing experience compared to all the recliner racers who will undoubtedly have something to say.

Hate or not, a whole lot of emergency planning took place in those 3 to 5 seconds

19. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I have to agree with that . No doubt about his talent , just his off track decision making .

20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

As far back as I can remember, he has always been in the middle of controversy on the track. No doubt he can ride, but he is always in the middle of the bullshit when it happens.