1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cycle Jam, Road Atlanta

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by dave3593, Mar 1, 2023.

1. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I have been to Road Atlanta with WERA but never Cycle Jam. How is the turn out of vintage bikes during Cycle Jam? This year it is 5/26-28/2023.

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Trying like an SOB to get my V7 bike refreshed and ready for this round. I’ve never been to cycle jam or road Atlanta but always wanted to go.

dave3593 likes this.
  3. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

first i have to get thru this months a***a race. would like to go

dave3593 likes this.
  4. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

I'm hoping to be there with my RZ and hopefully an SV. Let's see how CMP goes in a few weeks.

dave3593 likes this.
  5. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

In the past has cycle jam had many vintage bikes?

6. Norton 357

Norton 357 Well-Known Member

If we get the motor together I will be there in V3

7. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Its literally a crap shoot on attendance,Mongo,Im sure could give you numbers on last years attendance.I have a few v8 friends that could,or not show up depending on whether or not they hang out late with Margarita man the night before.Dude literally is there for every race event and makes Margaritas for everyone,and has probably cost many a racer to miss gridding up.Wish I was back home,Road A is my home track.If your new here,definitely carry plenty of gearing.Back straight is fast af!
    It is however the most friendly on tires in my opinion,so thats a plus!

8. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Margarita Man!!!

Last I heard, he had to relocate away from T3.

9. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

I will be there with a v6lw bike and a v7 mw bike. Don’t know if I’ll do any bump ups or modern classes.

Haven’t been to Road A since 2018 and am VERY excited to get back!

The REAL vintage bike (rd400) is getting a mini vacation until VMD and a few races in Canada later in the year. Im going to focus on these 2 diesels and see what it’s like race bikes that have more than an 2k rpm power band and electric starting.
    Sounds positively lovely!

ToofPic likes this.
  10. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

We renamed him Frosty a few years ago

11. stickboy274

About that more than 2k powerband. Come have a seat and lets talk about FZRs........

Brad and RZ Racer like this.
  12. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

As we were leaving yesterday morning my son said, hey Stick just waved to you. Sorry I didn't respond, I was so out of it I was just looking ahead thinking about my 7 hour drive. Beautiful weekend at the track, see you next time.

stickboy274 likes this.
  13. stickboy274

It's ok. I'm still crying, just a little.

rd400racer likes this.
  14. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

You’re not wrong. The fzr really only moves with authority from
    11-13, but it will at least RUN at 8k and continues to make noise all the way to 14. Fje rd, by comparison is 7500-9500 and if you’re at 7400, you’re going backwards.

The sv, of course, is a completely different animal!

stickboy274 likes this.
  15. stickboy274

The SV just needs to be in a gear, any gear, to move forward.

16. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

C'mon now... Mine is good for at least a 3000 window. There is a big hole between 8 & 10k that you have to make sure momentum gets you through. I've been told either stack length or pipe would help it.... I've always used it as a "hey stupid, you're doing it wrong" feature.:D

stickboy274 likes this.
  17. stickboy274

3K, that's almost like a big twin!! Huge, like 15, amounts of torque to use.

Brad likes this.