1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

I’ve talked a lot of shit about PCC’s then last week I shot the Keltec version of this. I’m a fan and the M&P is supposed to be better all around. This will probably be worse than buying a Dodge but I think I’ll buy the next one I see, the gun not the Dodge…I don’t like Bud Light.

2. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I had an amazing PCC but in the end it was a rifle looking for a niche , not filling one. If all I wanted to do was dump massive quantities of 9mm rounds at the range then fine. Fun? Yes but basically useless outside a SHTF scenario. Now a 10mm could make a case for hogs here in Florida, but I have switched to a stainless Rossi R92 .44 mag carbine with a scout scope for that purpose and I’m more satisfied.

redtailracing and Steeltoe like this.
  3. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Don’t you go fucking up my new gun purchase with your facts! I get it and I’ve quoted Clint‘s thoughts on these a million times. I’ve got a 10 1/2” 5.56 upper with folding stock that will probably soon be 16” unless something changes. I think this will be a hoot and fill the backpack/truck gun nicely.

lizard84 likes this.
  4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I said it before I regret not getting a traditional Sig sooner. I'm slowly moving towards all hammer guns. (Keeping my G19 though.)

5. Me having this barrel is the equivalent of a maybe an intermediate track day guy riding a full on superbike :)

pjdoran likes this.
  6. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

There is something definitely wrong with their grip design ,frame composite combination that I can’t stand. Thinking of stippling my FNX. I did a Springfield that had the same issue and it made it a thousand percent better.

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Nah. Saving weight is a great thing. I had thought about getting that barrel because the one one my 30-06 is awesome. But I ended up going 16” fluted , titanium can and a pound lighter scope to get my 6.5 cm very comfortable to walk the fields at night. Assuming your going for hogs.
    Good luck!

8. Yeah I can’t stand them either. Admittedly, I put Talon grips on a lot of them (all brands). But on the FNs it is a necessity.

9. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I stopped by the comedy club today, just to hear what the local hob knobs were pretending to understand, and walked out with a joke. But it wasn't the best joke, the guy who got there ten minutes before me bought the one with a threaded barrel. So I ordered that separately, but it's on interdimensionalgalictic backorder. But I don't care, my El Camino might get its stamp of approval before the barrel shows up.

el clubo de comediea 1.jpg
    hehe
    el clubo de comediea 2.jpg
    ha ha
    el clubo de comediea 3.jpg
    ho ho
    el clubo de comediea.jpg

10. My Ti cans are great, I went the extra and make a bunch of modular parts to fine tune it while I had the chance to make them. Sure glad I did. For hunting I do in somewhat urban bordering rural areas a can is best investment yet even though it was a total pain in the ass.

11. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

Looking for some advice on practice ammo to achieve my goal of mastering the fundamentals of grip, sight picture, trigger control and recoil control. To accomplish this I’m looking for the least expensive but reliable FMJ round nose. A couple of weeks ago I asked a similar question and the feedback was great.

While using Ammoseek, BPS, Armscor and Ammo Inc typically are lowest price. Anyone have experience with these brands? Are they suitable for the purpose of mastering the basic skills?

12. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Considering how much better you can get just dry firing I’d say any round that works in your gun will get you there.
    I don’t shoot anyone’s but my own reloads though.

13. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

I have had bad luck with Armscor rifle ammo, it is way underpowered. No experience with their pistol ammo though. I usually just spend the extra couple cents and get CCI Blazer brass. Also if you haven't spent money on good training yet, do so quickly before you develop bad habits and have to unlearn them. Most techniques you will learn in class can be practiced at home dry. I probably do 300:1 dry practice vs live fire and let me tell you it translates great at the range.

S Tsotsoros likes this.
  14. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Saiyan is pretty spot on. Dry fire practice. It’s free. The value of training can’t be overstated. And as far as ammo, cci blazer and fiocchi are both solid in my experience, have good general reviews, and while they won’t be the absolute cheapest, they’re pretty damn close. The extra penny or 2 per round is worth it for the consistency.

S Tsotsoros likes this.
  15. six6two

six6two AWD

Ahh yes... Delta life is not as bad as it might seem.. don't be a stranger!

16. I’d take my little KelTec 380 with “wallet” holster over this any day.

17. Both of these brands are a great value and will accomplish what you need. I wouldn’t go any lower than these, something to keep in mind as you are “training” on fundamentals. Until you are comfortable stick with one brand and model of ammo. I know I can feel a slight difference in different brands with certain projectile types but that’s more when I’m overthinking shit as well :) other thing to keep in mind is some of the bottom of the barrel cost wise rounds will have a tendency to not only be less consistent on target but also your gun may not like them and have jamming or feeding issues. That’s a huge pain in the ass to me because I like my stuff to work.

S Tsotsoros likes this.
  18. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Sure sure. Like I said, I took a joke home. Even the wife says that gun is funny. Shooting it is funny. Putting a silencer on it will make it hilarious.

scottn and Canadian Bacon like this.
  19. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Do you also go find the 10 pounds of lead you sling into the woods?

20. Haha no, it is buried in the bigass dirt mound backstops they have behind all the lanes/targets.