1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Agreed, and that’s why I’m glad they changed and hopefully fixed the trigger with their micro version.

I don’t like messing with internals on my carry guns. On carry guns, I leave everything (functionally) stock.

On my EDC, I don’t want to potentially affect reliability for the sake of performance.

2. I appreciate that, but I have a long way to go. I’m happy about shooting 3-4” groups at 20 yards. While “Honest Outlaw” won a bullseye competition by hitting 4” targets at 100 yards.

THAT is some damn good shooting.

3. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I won’t disagree. I’m NOT a Glock fan.

4. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

yeah the only reason I got it was I 100% knew I could use the sights or RDS and see over my suppressor. My Glock is milled so even with a RDS I can't see over the suppressor. I tried "looking through" the suppressor and wasn't a fan. Since the suppressor is kinda useless, it's just a farm gun where I'm not going to be needing to draw it fast or use it other than snakes or a lucky hog shot.

$1k to see over your suppressor and a crappy trigger is a high price to pay

5. six6two

six6two AWD

http://www.billscustomautomatics.com/titanium/

Yall need to go check this guy out next time you're in The Delta... some of the baddest rigs on the planet! I'm not really into 1911's, but after stopping by his place, and getting to see his work, this Titanium 2011 is DEFINITELY a keeper! His shop is in the big city of Shelby hahah

6. Im case anyone wants to go that route, a Talon grip for a regular 509 will fit the new 545.

It is a touch small and leaves a little grip exposed, but not much. You can center it so it only leaves about 1/8” exposed on each side.

A Talon grip like the one I put on my FNX-45 would probably fit better, but I couldn’t find one. I could only find one for the 509 so I got it to try.

I absolutely HATE the grips on all FN guns. They are unusable to me without a Talon grip.

7. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

We had to fly the JMU baseball team from ATL to Jackson MS yesterday but I need to get down to the delta for some duck hunting next year. A steak and a mixed drink in a styrofoam cup from the clarksdale country club are calling my name

A 20" 7mm PRC is on the list I think next for a bigger game rifle

8. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Anybody have experience with one of these?
    upload_2023-4-14_13-26-37.png
    The first reviews I checked were pretty positive.

9. Nope, haven’t shot that one.

What does CZ consider “micro sized”?

Is it 1” thick with a 3-3.5” barrel like the current micro compacts?

10. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Yes, The barrel is about 3.2" with the total length being about halfway between the P365 and the P365XL

If you haven't seen it, HandgunHero is a really useful website to make side by side and overlay visual comparisons between a ton of different handguns:

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/sig-sauer-p365-xl-vs-cz-p-10-m-vs-sig-sauer-p365

Gorilla George likes this.
  11. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

While searching for a W. German-made P226, I picked this up not too long ago and can't put it down. Hundreds of rounds and not a single stoppage. It eats everything.

Great trigger, bright light and just an easy shooter. The neighbors have heard it almost every night.

gallonhat.jpg

Steeltoe and Gorilla George like this.
  12. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

No. But I have a P10 S. I’m very happy with it. It’s in my Stop Box in my car next to my leg now.

13. Forever, because some people don’t pick theirs up. I reckon they figure it’s in the woods and nobody will know, so they leave it. I think that’s shitty.

And since it’s in the woods, I don’t know how many animals are around. Im scared an animal might come and it get stuck in his foot or he might accidentally eat it and get choked or something.

So I keep picking up brass till I can’t find any, whether it’s mine or not.

Jedb and Saiyan66 like this.
  14. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I was sitting in a cabana by the Adventure Island wave pool today during an idle moment and I bought a Tisas SDS 1911 Tank Commander, 45 ACP naturally.

Always a good day at the water park when you can buy a handgun.:beer:

15. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Try this, close your eyes and don't look at the grips and then shoot the damn thing

16. I always close my eyes when I shoot. :D

But it doesn’t change how the grips feel in my hands.

17. Waldo Pepper

Waldo Pepper Active Member

Picked up this "rifle" last week and took it out today. Smith & Wesson FPC 9mm carbine. Really fun to shoot and very accurate to about 125 yards with a Holosun He510 firing a 115 gr projectile.

It certainly doesn't replace a proper combat rifle but it seems just the ticket for long overland trips. I shot bout 300 rounds with no issues. Good times.

[​IMG]

GixxerJohn011 and Gorilla George like this.
  18. Shit I like that.

19. I’ve never had a use for one as they are way too in the middle for me but they are decent fun to shoot. Actually about to head into the woods to see if my new Proof Research carbon barrel for my AR10 makes me a better hunter :)

RonR, GixxerJohn011 and pjdoran like this.
  20. pjdoran

pjdoran Well-Known Member

Enjoy! I don't think I am a good enough shot to see the accuracy. However, when a friend picked mine up, the look on his face reminded me why it was a worthwhile upgrade. Even with an ACOG, it is notably lighter than you expect an AR to be.