1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electric Pressure Washer: What to buy?

Discussion in 'General' started by sharkattack, Apr 13, 2023.

1. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Looking for a good one for average use. General at home/ around the house projects. Its main purpose in life will be to run a foam cannon for truck & motorcycle cleaning, cleaning off the composite deck & steps, concrete patio, and other odd jobs. Thanks guys.

I do want to stay electric for simplicity, indoor garage use, and the on-off capability while cleaning vehicles. I have a gas one currently, and it works great, but for vehicle use I don’t want it idling while I’m washing, and starting it over and over is a pain. I want on-off.

Tell me what you have and how you like it. Any modes to avoid?

Thx fellas.

BrentA likes this.
  2. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Stihl RE 110 or RE 90 Plus

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. BrentA

BrentA Very expensive.

Subscribing to see what you go with... I'm sorta in the same boat, don't need or want a gas one.

4. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Funny, I've been thinking the same thing too.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

6. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I've been using a smaller Karcher cleaner.

Best I can say is it has lasted longer than the previous one.....

8. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

I have an older version of this as well. 2 small complaints, it is light so have to be somewhat careful to not knock it over and mine at least seems to have an odd ball size for the pressure hose that is also opposite thread of common gas units. I wanted to run the longer hose I have for my gas unit and after buying a bunch of fittings gave up on it. I usually just use my gas unit as I find it to be less of a hassle even with the starting and stopping.

Lawdog78 likes this.
  9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

10. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Those are nice, and you’re right they ain’t cheap. $3600+ to complete with my $400 Honda powered Troy Built, I’ll pass. I’ve had many dealings with industrial strength electric pressure washers in 34 years with the Water and Waste Water industry. Those units spent more time being repaired than actually working. Hopefully, I get too old to use one anymore before the gas ones are gone.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  11. Phl218

Phl218 .

i have a gas powered Honda, a Michelin branded electric and am looking to get this one for when i get back on the Mountain bike to wash it off right after the ride (with water from a tank): Direct Tools Outlet Site | Direct Tools Outlet Site

i never use the electric one, not enough pressure, the stand-up design makes it tip over too easy and i miss the sound of the engine running.

12. Al-

Al- Well-Known Member

I've been using a plug in craftsman electric one for a couple of years now, no complaints at all. I'm not doing heavy heavy jobs with it, just as you said, foam cannon and car washing, and spraying off my deck and house once a year. No problems at all, weighs nothing, and no fuel stabilizers to think about ever.

13. BC

BC Well-Known Member

14. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I can't complain about this 3100 psi Husqvarna. It's been solid and the gas tank is big enough that I can wash every damn thing around here and still have gas left in the tank.

KneeDragger_c69 and Phl218 like this.
  15. mdhokie

mdhokie Well-Known Member

I've had the SunJoe 2030 for a few years, works well for cleaning dirt bike and around the house things. Have also used it on house siding, but I've found it doesn't work well with just water and siding wash; I need to use a scrub brush on a pole before rinsing to make it work well.

16. Critter

Critter Registered

Get a HOTSY, everything else is just playing games....Hotsy has low PSI and higher temps... works better on dirt and will not drive dirt into the bearings, you want heat and low psi. high PSI kills motorcycles and everything that is supposed to turn on a vehicle it breaks the dirt into really little fine shit and gets in everything.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2023
    Once a Wanker.. and Phl218 like this.
  17. WillMill

WillMill CRA MN #633

Ive been using electric pressure washers for about 20 years now. As far as the cheaper ones go ($200 or less) Ive had the best luck with the ones that look like gas pressure washers. Like they aren’t all encased in a plastic upright housing. Look for the ones that are on a little cart, and you can see the pump and motor. Another thing that Ive learned, never use the soap injector if it pumps the soap through the pump. I don’t know why, but every time I had an electric pressure washer fail, it was coincidentally right after I used the soap injector.

18. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I've had this Sunjoe for 9 years. My only complaint is on board soap dispenser. Its pretty much worthless. Looks like the wand mount foam cannon is the thing to use.
    Sun Joe SPX3000 2030 Max PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5-Amp Electric High Pressure Washer, Cleans Cars/Fences/Patios https://a.co/d/dz1daSP

19. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Karcher wall mount, hardwired 220v with kerosene burner

If your garage gets below freezing temps make sure to run RV antifreeze through the pump head

Some guys use washer fluid but the methanol isn't good for the plungers

So many people focus on the pressure number, when the GPM number is what I'm more focused on

I'd rather have 4gpm at 200* and 1000psi, than 2500 psi, 1.5gpm and cold water

We do industrial hazmat cleaning type shit so I'm fairly well versed on the topic

20. Critter

Critter Registered

What he said

tony 340 likes this.