1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What the heck is going on with AHRMA?

Discussion in 'General' started by Gino230, Apr 6, 2023.

1. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I remember you Mark.We use to go at it 100 years ago,and I believe at the time you and Surtees were pitting together most weekends? Back to the shit show..
    The poke,or what I took as a poke was indeed the.. "Struggling comment"
    I know for a fact,because I read it here,after he posted it!! Sean Clearly stated Wera is fine!!! Has been fine! It was brought up a while back in a thread,can't remember the exact one,but it was questioned somehow,maybe because of Covid? Anyhooo...I wouldnt throw that AHRMA shit show into our WERA shit show!! We can shit show our own shitty Mc Shit,and don't need no help shit showing it up on our own!!

And yo couch AHRMA! giphy.gif

2. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Two sides to every story. I was wondering if RZ Racer was going to show up here...

RZ Racer likes this.
  3. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Isn't this just 2008 all over again?
    Egos, misappropriated funds, good old boys running the org into the ground?
    Sure no big lawsuits, but, really, no fiscal controls in the last 15 years?

OldGuyOnBlu, 418 and RZ Racer like this.
  4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Let's not chance letting this unfortunate animosity ruin the upcoming season, you fellas need to get together the first mutual race weekend, shake hands, drink a bunch of shots of tequila, and beat the snot out of one another.
    Then move on.

Make sure you take video and post it here.

5. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If I understand it correctly, the financial issues are a recent development, although this all does seem strangely familiar. Warranted or not, the current executive director is going to have to go. There must be a sacrificial cow to placate the membership. Dave Lamberth fixed the mess last time. AHRMA needs to beg him to do it again.

RZ Racer and Robin172 like this.
  6. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Don't forget Cindy Cowell, she did a very good job along with Dave. Thinks have not quite been the same since she died.

TLR67 and RZ Racer like this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

See the irony here?
    Yeah, no self-promotion in his post. Are you two just messing with me? Come on, guys. :crackup:

8. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Good for the goose, good for the gander…

What can I say?? I’m excited about “going solo” and need to get the word out.
    You will note I didn’t try to sway anyone in any direction for or against either org and only attempted to clear the air. (Until I slipped my little self promotion in at the end!) To be fair: a race school is in no way competition for a race org and I am endorsed by wera as well as ahrma. (And all of those other orgs too)

Dave’s over here lying about the stage of affairs, slandering members and ogled trustees and then telling everyone “cmon in, the waters warm!”

50Joe likes this.
  9. RZ Racer

Were you racing an fzr400 back then?

I’ve been away from the beeb so long I cannot remember who most people are. Mentioning Brian Surtees means you are talking about the late 90’s…. A few names and faces have slipped through the cracks since then! Lol

ToofPic likes this.
  10. RZ Racer

Just trying to show an unbiased perspective.

I have every reason to condemn them but did not. I wish ahrma no ill will and would live nothing more than for them to get past this ugly rough spot they are in. It starts with honesty and transparency. 90% of the discontent in ahrma is from members being lied to and left in the dark. Pretty easy fix if there’s nothing to hide….

yamatr3 and ToofPic like this.
  11. RZ Racer

Happy to help! What region do you race in?

dave3593 likes this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I have zero problem with what you said in your post. I'm just questioning the lack of consistency of the complainers. You can't discuss AHRMA business unless it's to complain about it. You can't say anything self-serving unless you hate AHRMA leadership. It's so blatant, it's comical.

I'm good with everyone making their case. Neither you nor Dave started this thread.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2023
    RZ Racer likes this.
  13. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I don't stick to a wera region since I pretty much just go to any WERA event that has vintage and is a double header. I've raced from Gratten and Nelson Ledges down to Barber and Road Atlanta. We talked briefly at VMD two years ago and at Barber last year during the Concoures that I also rode in.

RZ Racer likes this.
  14. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

15. RZ Racer

Cool! I remember.
    I’ll be at VMD this year for sure. (Pray for sunny skies!)
    I’d be happy to set up a clinic on the Friday. Sat and Sunday will be devoted to racing.

dave3593 likes this.
  16. ToofPic

Yeah,I was on a 400.We use to have some great races and big fields!.
    I saw Brian at Road Atlanta last year on a tz250.I didn't get to speak to him but Rocky found him in the pits.Its great to see you guys still pounding away! Have a great season!

17. RZ Racer

Gotcha.

Fwiw- I’ve been on both sides of the fence, with a LOT more time spent defending ahrma than criticizing. I found out really quick that making one negative post on social media will instantly get you branded as a trouble maker, even after several years of undying support in the face of criticism from all sides.
    That’s part of the reason why I try as much as possible to remain objectively neutral and stick to the facts.

Sadly, ahrmas code of conduct doesn’t allow members to speak their minds or quote facts, so all that is left is whiny sounding bitching and innuendo. Most of the people that sound like whiney bitches are only expressing themselves in that fashion to avoid being suspended or blacklisted.

It’s arguably one of the worst things about ahrma.

Great club that has become mired down with NDA’s, secrecy, club politics and more than a few short sighted staffing decisions. All of those things are fixable, but won’t be fixed if everyone remains silent. You already know what happens to the ones that speak up.

#vocal100!

18. RZ Racer

Thanks! Ironically,
    I’ll be campaigning an fzr400 myself this year. First time ever campaigning a 4 stroke that I own. (Plenty of experience racing diesels, they’ve just always belonged to someone else)

I always hated how well those fzrs handled compared to my rz back then, so I jumped at the chance when a nice one came up for sale recently.

I’m excited to get to learn the bike and see what it can do!

rd400racer and ToofPic like this.
  19. ToofPic

They are great bike's! You definitely have the rz knowledge! I was behind you at Roebling last year in one session before I had mechanical problems on an old r6. I kept trying to read your name,then I was ah hell ! It's Mark! I been back and forth on racing but hopefully staying for a while this time. Hopefully see you sometime soon!

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It might sound like a simplistic question but why don't you guys vote in more people whom you are certain that they value transparency and free speech, and get enough of them on the board to get things rewritten in a way that doesn't allow people getting thrown out for dissenting? I get that it wouldn't happen overnight, but what do you guys care? It's not like your bikes are going out of style while this is happening…

Organize and get shit done. Or take your wallets elsewhere.