1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 (yes 3!) FZR400s! Louisville, KY

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Billy B, Mar 31, 2023.

1. Billy B

Billy B Old N Slow

Selling for a friend. $4000 for the lot.

2 1990s and 1 1988. The 88 (blue one in the pic) is a former race bike that was put back on the street years ago. "Ran when parked" with honestly no issues about 10 years ago by another friend of mine. Its complete - my buddy (Steve, the seller) began tearing it down and has all parts that were removed. The 90s can be considered parts bike as they don't have titles but are mostly there. Two Deltabox swingarms!!! An unused complete set of Beasley (remember Beasley?) bodywork. Steve was going to do a 400 build but is now on to other projects and decided to let these go. I'm tempted to get these myself but I already have a nice 1990 street bike (thank you Steve!) and it doesn't really need much at this point so these would just sit in my barn. I'll post more pics but this gives you an idea. Respond here and I'll put you in touch with Steve who is a former WERA endurance champ from back in the day. 400_1.jpg 400_2.jpg

evakat and WIslowpoke like this.
  2. Billy B

Billy B Old N Slow

Some more pics...

Attached Files:

evakat likes this.
  3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

How have we not met? I live in Louisville and raced FZR400's for a few years...I thought we all knew each other:D

4. Billy B

Billy B Old N Slow

I live a little east of Cincinnati. Steve Doolin has these bikes and he's in La Grange, just a bit east of Louisville. He raced a 600-powered 400 for like a year back in the early 90s. I raced a stock 400 my novice year in WERA, back in 93 or 94. LONG TIME AGO!!!

5. kildagin

kildagin Well-Known Member

PM sent

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Started in 97 myself. There was a fireman that had raced FZR's for a few years before me and mentored me my first year ( I was on an RD400 then) but I can't recall his name. Doug maybe?

7. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

As a FZR addict in recovery, this makes me itch.

8. kildagin

kildagin Well-Known Member

Interested, what's the best way to get in contact? (if they're still available)

9. Billy B

Billy B Old N Slow

Just responded back to you @kildagin and yes they're still available.

@stickboy274 I don't know about you, but out of all my addictions, motorcycles are the least harmful :)

10. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

When I finally sold my FZR parts, the guy showed up with a expedition and a24' trailer. It didn't all fit. I had other brands that took up just as much space.

I still have at least 5 motorcycles that don't live with me. I have more than that, that do live here.

11. Billy B

Billy B Old N Slow

Like I tell my wife, its still better than me spending all the cash on coke and hookers!

stickboy274 likes this.
  12. Billy B

Billy B Old N Slow

These are sold

stickboy274 likes this.