1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

Based on beeb recommendation I have been using Ammoseek.com

sanee and GixxerJohn011 like this.
  2. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Form 1'd a lower. We'll see how long it takes

sanee and Jedb like this.
  3. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

isnt that suppose to be uber quick if i recall?

4. Steak Travis

my brother's took 8 days but looks like 45 days is the average

5. Steak Travis

Going to take the SMLE's my Grandfather had out this weekend to the farm. They haven't been shot in probably 40 years or more. Was thinking about taking to a gun smith but they appear to be in good to great condition. Still gonna light the first one off secured to a lead sled and string.

6. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

yup thats uber quick :)
    what lower and what are you looking to do?

7. Steak Travis

Just a palmetto lower with cmc trigger. It’s going to technically be for my 556 12.5 upper. But may do a 8.5 300 blk out and put the omega 9k for a super short sub sonic hog blaster.

sanee likes this.
  8. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Was this one you were going to do anyway, or was this one that had a brace?
    Just trying to track different timeframes for different submission types.

9. Canik MC9 vs P365 X-Macro

BC3BF25E-4EBE-49FA-A2EA-6CA73712D801.jpeg

56566CE7-5A21-4361-AC77-B3F689C32F62.jpeg

So I picked up the FN 545 and Canik MC9 today. I took some other guns with me for comparison.

Y’all know I love me some Caniks, and I do love this MC9. It is a great little gun with an amazing trigger. If somebody wants/needs a new EDC, I would highly suggest it.

BUT…it will not replace my P365 X-Macro.

1. My X-Macro is the Boresight Solutions version with their custom grip module. It fits my hand better.

2. The built-in Compensator on the XM is not a gimmick. It shoots noticeably flatter…I mean the difference is very noticeable. If I had to put a number on it, I’d say it shoots 50% flatter than the MC9.

3. If you ignore the light, they are identical in size, every dimension. Length, width, and height, they are identical…but the XM holds 17+1 vs 15+1 for the MC9 (with largest/extended mag).

But the main reason, is because of this…

A2F8F83A-3C55-4E8C-A658-FF2E50F50E7B.jpeg

The back of the trigger guards are lined up, and look how much longer the trigger guard is on the XM. You can see the front of the trigger guard of the MC9 under it.

That means it is much easier to get my trigger finger on the XM.

With the MC9, I have to kinda pull my finger out, then fold it in, and bend it into the trigger guard, basically the same thing I have to do on the Hellcat. I hate that. It isn’t natural.

On the XM, my finger reaches the light and then naturally falls onto the trigger.

On the MC9, it takes a conscious effort to bend my finger around to get it on the trigger.

Dont get me wrong, the MC9 is a great little gun. Especially when you consider the price. That Boresight Solutions X-Macro was $1,500. I don’t know how much the MC9 was, I grabbed it off Gunbroker. But I’m sure it was nowhere near $1,500.

So “bang for the buck”, the MC9 would be a great EDC. But it won’t replace my X-Macro.

With all that being said, I didn’t have the optic mounted on the MC9 when I shot it today. And the backstrap is interchangeable, and I don’t have the Talon grip on it.

So I’ll get the MC9 fully sorted and give it another shot.

10. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I was just wondering if you had gotten an MC9 yet and, voila!: A GG review. I still want to put my hands An MC9 to see how it feels, but this makes me lean toward the P365X. It just fi's my hands the best of everything I've looked at so far.
    Thanks for the info!

Gorilla George likes this.
  11. Steak Travis

Was going to do it anyway. I don't know if there is a difference between brace and non brace but whenever that dead line is, they are going to have their work cut out for them

12. Jedb

I don't know that answer, hence the question. I'm going to use yours as "normal filing" as you paid the $200.
    The brace submissions didn't have to pay the $200 stamp.

Thanks.

13. SOFG2

SOFG2 Well-Known Member

I'm interested in a S&W 4506, what do ya'll know about it?

14. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

If you owned the gun before 2/1/23 it’s eligible for the free stamp which I believe runs out 5/1/23.

15. Jedb

I had the 1006 and the 1076 versions. 10mm vs. .45cal
    The 06 shot well compared to the 76. Just different sizes (5" vs 4")
    Magazines were very very expensive ($80/each)
    Built like tanks.

A buddy had the 4006 and really liked it.

The 10xx, 45xx and 40xx are solid.

16. Haha yeah, I’d been watching Gunbroker waiting for them to pop up. I just got to pick it up today.

I would say hold one and see how it feels. I have no gripes about the gun itself. I fed 5 different types of ammo through it. Different types of range, HP, and my “fluted” (Phillips screwdriver looking) defensive ammo.

It worked flawlessly and the trigger is amazing.

The only complaints I have aren’t about the gun itself, it is more about how it personally fits/feels to me and my reach to the trigger.

Someone else with different shaped hands may find the MC9 absolutely perfect.

17. SOFG2

SOFG2 Well-Known Member

Thanks

Jedb likes this.
  18. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Did you try swapping the back straps? Doesn't it come with 3 or 4 aside from the one installed?

19. Not yet. That’s what I said earlier. I hadn’t changed backstraps, put a Talon grip on it, or installed the optic (at the time I shot it).

I just took it out of the box and went back to the range.

I’ll get it sorted and go back in a couple of days to give it another run.

brex likes this.
  20. Steak Travis

Yeah. I've never had to mess with the brace stuff. Had SBR's before braces became popular and just have been using the SBR lowers to play with other calibers and such