1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show me your view

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Jul 22, 2022.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

:(

[​IMG]

The tree line to the left is the southern edge of a 10 acre square. My house on a 5 acre rectangle that was ""way out in the boonies"" three years ago is on the other side of that 10 acres.

It gets better... (/sarcasm)

[​IMG]

There's my humble abode. This spot, on the southeast corner of the aforementioned 10 acres, will be on the edge of the FAR SIDE of a 10 lane highway.

:(

On the plus side, I'ma get paid. :rock:

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Just turn the stereo up...same as it ever was.

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great thing to me, a little further away and you may not be getting paid.

auminer likes this.
  4. auminer

Yep. It'll all work out. Turns out, the dream of living in a big-ass house on 5 acres is fraught with a whole damn lot of work. I'm ready to downsize to a 1500SF 3/2 on a postage stamp that I can afford to pay someone to maintain!

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

that coffee is good . off 276, right?

lizard84 likes this.
  6. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

right

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

LOL. I agree. That is one thing I learned when moving from Texas to California. I ended up selling all my gardening stuff out here.

8. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Depends were you live, where I am there is 0 maintenance. Nothing grows here by itself :)

9. auminer

Help!!! I'm being attacked by the French!!!

[​IMG]

Actually, their infighting might give me an avenue of escape...

britx303 likes this.
  10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Just step towards them aggressively. They'll run away..

SuddenBraking likes this.
  11. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Im in 1800 sf on a .2 acre lot. Its just about perfect.

BigBird likes this.
  12. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

I have 2 plants. The fake one looks ok.

13. auminer

I looked at the postage stamp lots in the plans for the construction above, and placed an image overlay to-scale on GoogleEarth.

Including access roads and alleys, 26 lots would fit on my property.

At 80k apiece, according to the county tax assessor website, that's a bit over 2 million.

I'd have to think about that offer.

Sabre699 likes this.
  14. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

.5 acres would work aa long as you could get a riding mower to all of it. I can only get a push mower in my backyard.

15. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Dammit! Yard work wasn’t on my mind house shopping recently. Looking at a place with a few acres, Saturday after shift, and feeling like this might be the long haul home til retirement at least. I’m thinking a zero turn at minimum :rolleyes:

16. auminer

It was fun the first couple of years...

17. britx303

Luckily the house I’m considering is on a mostly wooded lot from looking at the satellite pics, and mostly just woods beyond the property lines. Main thing is I’ll be able to have my own range without bothering neighbors and setup a bigger woods track than what I’ve got now. Oh and no more MD l@ws :flag: Yeah this all came up very quickly and put my race return this year on a back burner :confused:

18. auminer

Living outside the city limits is awesome! :D

It's a rare afternoon that has no rifle or pistol reports audible from any one of several 'neighbors'. :flag:

Phl218 and britx303 like this.
  19. britx303

I’m in the country now and for 12 years here now. There’s always somebody target practicing around……..but they have plenty of land. I shoot a little here, and the neighbors don’t mind, but some are getting elderly and just being nice, I feel. Local popo already gave me the blessing too, but I want more privacy and I’m sick of MDs “donuts” ;):D

brex and auminer like this.
  20. auminer