1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Max looked like he'd sucked down a bag of lemons before going to Parc Fermé

2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

As long as it burns dino remains. They're already talking about the return of the electric Camaro in a few years:(

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

He was smiling quite a bit, unlike Jos.

4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I've read Corvette and a switch to Cadillac.. but that would be absolutely major change

Razr likes this.
  5. rwdfun

rwdfun

Cadillac would make some brand sense if they get the F1 entry too.

BigBird, stk0308 and noles19 like this.
  6. noles19

Giant giant change for nascar though

7. rwdfun

rwdfun

Yeah but those NASCAR drivers will be racing in luxury. Cooled leather seats, 26 speaker Infinity stereos with wireless CarPlay and that Supercruise autonomous driving

Meanwhile the NASCAR series is out destroying COTA this weekend. Just in time for the bikes in a few weeks

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
    BigBird likes this.
  8. noles19

Nascar's don't hurt the track Unlike F1 cars. Nascar are on top of the track F1 cars are basically in the track under braking

Yzasserina likes this.
  9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

In my experience that is inaccurate. I have ridden COTA before and after Nascar has been there and those big heavy pigs do not do the track any favors...

10. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

It's OK, it's not like there's any track limits going on. The nascars are probably only on the track for 25% of the lap.

DrA5 and crashman like this.
  11. noles19

Was there anything else on the track besides nascar?

12. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

No idea. I just know that Nascar was in between smoothish and bumpy track and I had not heard of any other activities besides Nascar.

13. noles19

Interesting maybe the soil at cots makes a difference. At the other tracks it doesn't seem to at all

14. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

This is the first Nascar race I've watched in probably 20 years, it's the dumbest shit ever. They get points in tbe middle of the race? And now there's overtime?

DrA5 likes this.
  15. rwdfun

rwdfun

This NASCAR race is dumb. They need to start using the half course to get it over with sooner. They don’t even attempt to stay on course

16. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

At least the racing line should be OK. The Nascrap cars were never on it...

rd400racer likes this.
  17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

An interview with Jenson Button said that was the most fun he's ever had on a racetrack, he wants more!
    I didn't hear a Kimi interview.

18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Nobody can hear a Kimi interview.

19. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Kimi was up the 4th with about 20 laps to go, but he got punted and then a bunch of other bad luck. I saw his interview, he basically laughed about it all and said he had a good time. Wouldn't commit to any future races with them.

20. noles19

Which means he'll probably do a couple more this year

rd400racer likes this.