1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Race 1 | Portimão | Portugal | Mar 26

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 20, 2023.

1. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Good races, and some surprises too... but what do you even do with MM93? Dude is just on the ragged edge over riding that honda. IF he stays healthy I can only see it getting worse as he gets more and more frustrated with the Ducs/KTMs/Aprilias. Its almost bad news that he got pole this weekend cuz that plants the thought that he belongs up front...

Joe Roberts? Do we even bother any more? :(

Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
  2. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

McElnea?

3. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

The winner was cresting the downward hill which is the braking area for T1 when he got ass packed. He was well beyond the checker.

4. definitely not a cat

definitely not a cat Well-Known Member

Man I don’t know what to say about. Marc talks about aiming for a top 5 then losses his shit on opening laps and plows right through 2nd and 3rd place. Sending one to the med center on a stretcher. Wonder if he knows which side of the career peak he’s on right now? Look where he was per injury and where he is now. This ride’s only getting lower for him.

5. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Last year when he "came back" he took out Fabio and Nakagami in one lap. He simply is out of control.

Any other rider in the series would be given far more severe penalties. Yes, he's one of the best of all time, but he's also one of the worst of all time as far as respect for his competition.

In his next auto-biography series, he ought to just come out and admit he thinks all of the other riders are shit compared to him. Just be honest dude.

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I mean....he's been doing it since his Moto2 days. But it's been getting worse to be sure.

Pride & Joy, stk0308 and MUFC1878 like this.
  7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I like Marc.
    He fucked up, yes.
    At least he owns it.
    The guy is there to win, it's his job and he's riding a turd but he's riding it hard.
    He put it on pole FFS! :eek:
    The other hondas finished 11,12 &13, at least 11 secs back.
    He wouldn't have won but he'd been in that fight for fourth (great ride by Zarco BTW).

Honestly, at the beginning of his career, he's been blessed with an enormous talent but also with a shitload of luck sometimes.
    He's ran out of the latter recently....

cbush, scottn, yuengling910 and 9 others like this.
  8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I’d say the racers he’s taking out are running out of luck. Marqcrash is simply an instrument of god.

9. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

C17316BD-6A59-478F-A5C4-69D9773424B2.jpeg

10. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Great riding by Pecco and Vinny. Ducati lenovo team is sorted and will be hard to beat this season. Scary stuff for Miguel...that incident could have been much worse.

Glad MM is taking it like a man but he is overwhelmed with the talent he is racing against. His day is over and the fat lady is singing next to the Honda canp.

socalrider likes this.
  11. definitely not a cat

definitely not a cat Well-Known Member

Marc doesn’t really own it as far as I know. He acknowledges that it happened and says their was no other way. Pretty far from owning it.
    He seems to see his self as per 2019 Marc. Not a fan of his but really sucks to see someone that talented choosing to out like this. It’s like that old sang. If can’t humble yourself life will do it for you.

Gino230, stk0308, 83BSA and 1 other person like this.
  12. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

He was interviewed and took 100% full responsibility, apologized three times in the 75 second interview, explained what happened (hard front tire locked unexpectedly which lead him into Martin where he had to release the brakes which then made him missile into Miguel) but followed it with a "that's still no excuse".

He was contrite.

He apologized sincerely. 3 times.

He then said whatever punishment he gets he will accept unquestioningly.

Unless you want him to perform HariKari and fall on his sword, there's not much more the guy can do after the fact.

It was dumb, but I imagine from my standpoint as an armchair QB it's also the same mentality/attitude that's made him an 8 time world champ - sometimes you ride the horse, other times the horse rides you. Today he effed up and hopefully he learns from it.

13. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I'm still relatively new to MC racing, but it was stressed to me that you "race" through turn 1 after the finish so this doesn't happen. Doesn't the guy who got hit have some blame here too?

14. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Looks like he was past the checker by about 2/3 from the checker to T1 and at the braking zone when he was hit. He was downshifting after he got hit and into the braking zone so he must have been carrying some speed.

As far as racing thru T1...not sure I was ever 'taught' that....Of course don't chop the throttle when you cross the line and stay into it for a few but not sure about 100% in T1 on the victory lap.

The 'hitter' turned his head to take a tear off off....Kinda like if you're on the highway and you look over to check your blindspot and bam, the car in front brake checks you for whatever reason.

lopitt85 likes this.
  15. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

MM93 does what MM93 does... Red mist once the race starts.

Nothing has changed since Moto2 and it's not about too either.

Bugs me that people keep blaming the bike and give Marc free passes all the time. If he did it when he had a great bike, why would anyone think it would be better when the bikes is a turd. He rides over his limits (when bike was good) and now rides over the limit of the bike, which pretty much ever racer knows where the limits are. Perfect example, Marc got a sign of his bike that the front wasn't ready for hard braking (got a free pass when he almost collided when taking the lead momentarily) and what does he go and do a few corners later, snap the fucken front brakes again.

We don't see Q-ball rampaging every other rider on the track, nor do we see Yamaha riders doing so...

Guys remember Simoncelli58 ? He would touch farings and guys would complain against him and Dorna had to step in. Why don't they do that with MM93 ? Oh yes... their golden boy. Things that make you go hummmm? :confused:

Besides that, quite a boring long race except for fourth place and so happy they kept the cameras on them.

Vindaloo seems to gel with the bike from early on, let's up it stays for the season. :cool:

cpettit, Dan Dubeau, Gecko and 2 others like this.
  16. Seiko

Seiko Well-Known Member

Marquez to miss Argentina GP

After surgery to repair the broken first metacarpal in his right hand, Marc Marquez will miss the second round of the 2023 MotoGP World Championship.

Upon returning to Spain for further checks, Marc Marquez was diagnosed with a displaced intrarticular fracture of the base of the first metacarpal of the thumb of the right hand. The #93 immediately underwent surgery at the Ruber Internacional Hospital in Madrid with Dr. Ignacio Roger de Oña leading a team consisting of Dr. Samuel Antuña and Dr. Andrea Garcia Villanueva.

The surgery consisted of a closed reduction of the fracture and internal fixation of the same with two screws and passed without incident.

Marc Marquez and the Repsol Honda Team have elected for the eight-time World Champion to miss the next round of the World Championship to fully focus on recovery and arrive at the forthcoming rounds in the best possible condition.

https://motogp.hondaracingcorporation.com/report/marquez-to-miss-argentina/

motion likes this.
  17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

He's probably a shit rider who just overrides his talent level (making him look better than he really is) without regard for consequences, when others realize they can't have a long career if they're crashing their brains out and getting 5 surgeries a year.

18. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

That makes perfect sense.........

19. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

The 2 long lap penalties should be waiting for him whenever he returns.

20. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Since he's skipping Argentina will the penalty be skipped too?
    OK, got it.:cool: